1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Personal Submersible 1.1

Your Own Submersible to explore the depths of Oceans!

1. jaspercayne

jaspercayne Void-Bound Voyager

I've got no problems with using an external editor, I was more curious about the mechanics of using the aiaction command, thanks for the response.

EDIT: I tried starcheat and it didn't manage to do anything at all... I actually had to manually alter the quest IDs to be able to do this. As a heads up for anyone else that may be in the same situation as I, starcheat will *NOT* help you. The best you can get is manually equipping the tech, but you still will not have access from SAIL. You *MUST* alter the quest IDs in the two files mentioned to fix this issue.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack Phantasmal Quasar

Yep this fixed it for me to on a new character thanks man nice mod!!!

3. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

4. Luit120

Luit120 Big Damn Hero

When are you gonna update it to Upbeat Giraffe?

5. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

It was made for Upbeat Giraffe?

6. Luit120

Luit120 Big Damn Hero

Oh,my mistake,I thought it wasn't updated for Upbeat,sorry about the confusion!

7. Cryogeist

Cryogeist Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I dunno if you remember me when I wrote a review awhile ago for this mod. I said I was going to test it with the Frackin universe liquids, and you told me to let you know how it goes. It's as you said though, it doesn't protect against the statuses added by the mod. Me and my beautiful submersible were dissolved in an ocean of sulfuric acid. Everything you said it would do works though! :D

8. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Could you check if the boat tech protects you from the FU liquids? If it does, I may be able to derive a FU patch for this based on whatever modifications Sayter made to the boat tech. The Submersible shares a lot of the same lua code, after all.

9. Cryogeist

Cryogeist Void-Bound Voyager

Actually when I posted earlier, I had only tested the Sulfuric acid, I tested the Liquid nitrogen afterwards, and I was completely safe. I mentioned in in the discussion thread for FU and sayter said he hadn't "written the acid onto it yet". I'm not sure, but it's looking like you won't actually have to do anything, lol. But I'll check the boat tech anyways if you'd like. Beats looking endlessly for densinium like I have been for the past 2 and a half days.

EDIT: Actually, I found this... http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/frackin-universe.925/update&update=12323
    "The boat tech can now be safely used on FU liquids."

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  10. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I just downloaded to check it out. It seems Sayter's included the FU liquids into the liquidimmunity stat, the submersible shares that stat with the boat tech, so it should protect you from the FU liquids. I haven't tested (don't use FU, it's a bit much for me), but I see no reason why I would be wrong here.

11. TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

So, after diving into an ocean of sulphuric acid myself, I can confirm that the submersible does not protect you from painful horrifying acid death.

12. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

But the boat does? Hmm, I'll have to look into that sometime. In the meantime, avoid using the submersible in FU liquids.

13. TheSilentObserver

Actually... I've never tried using the boat in acid. I'll have to go give that a stab and see what happens...

14. TheSilentObserver

Apologies for the double-post, but it's been a while and I just tested out another thing today and found something weird. It seems that the submarine, despite being quite resistant to the poison ocean it's deep inside, is not actually immune to the damage caused by poisonous/acidic rain. I've yet to encounter a poison-ocean world that didn't have this particular weather type... but it seems very weird to me that I would be taking damage from RAIN thousands of feet below the surface of an ocean of toxic liquid.

15. THePyromancer13

THePyromancer13 Void-Bound Voyager

Spirited please

16. DanTheBrony

DanTheBrony Poptop Tamer

I can't get in the submarine, i have the unlocker, but when i click submarine with it, nothing happens D: What do I do?

17. RomulusOfTheSky

RomulusOfTheSky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried using this mod today in singleplayer, when I spawned the unlocker my game immediately crashed, when I tried loading the character the game will simply quit out without an error. Any idea on what may be causing this? Probably related to the mod being two versions out of date.

18. Erazil

Erazil Subatomic Cosmonaut

i like this mod
    no PG update planned ?

19. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I'll prolly try to update this in the coming month to work with the new vehicle system. Hang tight.

EDIT: Hey all, so I'm still planning on updating this, I laid some of the foundation down for turning the Submersible into a vehicle, but I have to warn everyone, I'm not a lua coder. That said, it'll probably take me a while to figure out how to get this working right as a vehicle, not to mention I need to make a few new sprites for vehicle damage and vehicle warping (the preview of the vehicle from the controller and animation when you plop it down or pick it up) too so I have my work cut out for me on this one. Don't expect an update right away, but I'll try to get around to it once I finish up a couple projects (3.0 update for Grass Mod & UniGen - a universe generation altering mod).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  20. Erazil

Erazil Subatomic Cosmonaut

i dont forget this mod ( is better submarine mod for me ) still waiting update ;)