People Read this post NOW!! :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DawnSeeker, Dec 14, 2013.

1. DawnSeeker

DawnSeeker Orbital Explorer

Hello everyone,

I've heard that only 1 person develops this game and it must be hard for him to promote the game when all his time is dedicated to development.

So I came up with the idea of helping him promote the game as a group and getting the word of Stardew Valley out there.

What I recommend is telling all your friends and post links and picture/video's in forums and if you have a "Signature" in your favourite forum maybe you should write "CHECK OUT STARDEW VALLEY *Link*" so every time you post in your favourite forum you are supporting the game.

You could also do fan-art and put it on 3rd party websites like Deviantart.

Feel free to come up with your own idea's or comment below your amazing ideas so others can do it too.

• Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

These are all great ideas, however I would caution fans about spreading hype before there is anything solid in the way of a release date. Hype is actually not that hard to build up, but it is hard to restrain, (see Starbound, Cubeworld, etc.) For now, at this stage, we should all be supportive and patient while CA works, and not dump the super-high expectations that hype always generates on his head when he needs to be focused on building the game, not managing expectations.

• DawnSeeker

I see what you mean but have a little faith in him, He said his almost finish just adding finishing touches and expanding the NPC dialogues. This game will probably release early next year so it will all be fine. Others games have pushed back released dates before like the walking dead season 2 pushed it back a few times so it's nothing surprising. I think what he needs now is our support because his almost finish and ready to release the game to the public so he will need an audience!

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Agreed. Don't wanna over-hype

• gnofar

gnofar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Giving this game promotion is a great idea but now may not be the best time to do it. Most people would nag CA about a release date and that is the least thing he needs so i think its a good idea to make commercial for SV when there is a beta or maybe a said release date to take some pressure from CA.

• DawnSeeker

Hmm I guess I'm alone on this one!! >< I just don't want to leave it too late and he releases it without many supporters..

• Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I think that Chucklefish are the hype experts here, not me.

Finn Learson likes this.
                • Riotpopper

Riotpopper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

With Starbound just released it kind of eclipses this game.

Building hype would be terrible, as it would probably just bring a ton of people asking for release dates then getting disappointed when they don't get one.

If Chucklefish can pull themselves together and get Starbound some good critic reviews then that should be all the publicity Stardew will need. (Anyways, though progress is taking awhile I feel CA is one of the best indie devs out there, simply because he is taking his time and not letting people begging for release dates rush him out of his comfort zone. It'll be finished when it's finished)

• gnofar

Well what i mean is that if we show like say 1000 people this game now maybe only 50 of them will really look into this since HM related games is kinda of a small genre.
                    So i think its better to show 1000 people it at release to be able to give them actual gameplay and reviews on it instead of the dev updates (donĀ“t take this wrong i like how he is posting information i just think it leaves many things out).

• DawnSeeker

Pity I can't close my own threads.. So basically I get what you all are saying and we all agree to wait until later when there is release date and more content to show people.

So Thread closed under mine. I mean that's not stopping you from typing but I probably won't read it :)

• codmw3man

codmw3man Void-Bound Voyager

Although CA gave a date such as the beginning of 2014, take a look at DayZ Standalone. It was "supposed" to be released in January of 2013, yet was pushed all the way back until its release date, December 16, 2013. CA's "release date" is just a speculation, and no offence to him or the community, cannot be relied on too much, for other things have showed us not do so otherwise (DayZ Standalone for example). The main reason Rocket and his crew didnt get the game out so fast was because they wanted it to be as perfect as possible, which I believe CA's doing, so that could mean it could take another unexpected few months or so. So, that's just more reason to leave the hype train at the station for now...

• gnofar

The thing also with these kind off games is that it is not the engine That needs to be rock solid the whole game needs to be polished to perfection to be fully immersive.

• Quenton

Quenton Phantasmal Quasar

Let's not cross our bridges until we get there, first. Wait until the product is released. Then, promote away.

Riotpopper likes this.
                            • DawnSeeker

Don't even compare this to Dayz.. that game was nothing but a scam and piece of shit. :)

&& I know hypocrite saying I wouldn't post again.. But I couldn't help it all right <3

• gnofar

Dayz is a highly modified Arma 2 client calling it a scam is stupid in my opinion. You might be confusing it with WarZ which was a filthy piece of scam.

Cirom likes this.
                                • DawnSeeker

Sorry cutie, You're right! I read it really fast and immediately thought of WarZ , Forgive me ><

• naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

Yeah lets wait for a release date before we start making hype

• naithaan

true story

• Flowless

Flowless Void-Bound Voyager

I plan on telling everyone about this game when they announce a release date. I know how impatient some people can get, and they might just dismiss the game completely at this point. It's a niche genre as well, so of course it's not going to be too popular, but I'll be showing the game off when it comes out or when its ramping up on social networks to people who are interested in these types of games.

(For Example: The various Harvest Moon/Rune Factory tumblrs have tons of people in them, and the content could be easy to share there, screenshots, short clips of gameplay and even fan art).

Honestly, I think these types of games are easy to market to people who are into the genre. I plan to spread the word where people would be interested, because these types of games are so few and far inbetween. It's always appreciated.

• naithaan

Well i think a lot of people will be showcasing the game to everyone possible when it comes out so they can support the dev.