1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Penny dosent behave correctly after marriage

Discussion in 'Support' started by jpitts1289, Feb 29, 2016.

1. jpitts1289

jpitts1289 Space Hobo

From what it seems my Penny is a bit bugged, she rarely leaves the farm and when she does she gets stuck on the path into town right outside the farm and stands there all day. She seems to be only trying to leave on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so far (all of winter, day 9 of summer).
    She also dosent come home at all those nights and just chills on the path

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
      FakeGeekGamerGirl likes this.
    • MortalPhoenix

MortalPhoenix Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same problem with her being stuck on her way home or going to do her job. ;-;
      [​IMG]

• jpitts1289

jpitts1289 Space Hobo

Yeah that pic is what she does for me as well, just checked again and shes still standing there

• Poyomon2

Poyomon2 Seal Broken

Tried walking through her, she seems to be stuck on a rock or something. It looks like she transitions onto the wrong spot on the map.

• Taweret

Taweret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not just Penny, apparently. I encountered the same issue with Harvey leaving to go to the clinic. He never makes it far: he just gets stuck in the same exact spot as the images with Penny. Unlike what it sounds like for her though, Harvey appears at home after sleeping.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
              Salamander Sundaes likes this.
            • MortalPhoenix

I've tried everything lol. So penny is forever there in my game when work day starts so I made a new game and now going after Abigail lol

Update: Update cause I found what just happened really funny. So I stood where Penny appears on the map where she gets stuck and she appeared behind me and became annoyed with the ? over her head and started speed walking off screen.

• MortalPhoenix

So I went the extra mile in experimenting with if the rocks were causing Penny to become stuck. I found out that it wasn't sadly. I did this by installing the Penny no rocks mod which edits the map to remove the rocks she was "stuck on." However, I found that Penny then would just be next to the fence still facing downwards behind the tree leaves So my guess as why this is happening is due to Penny's and Harveys movement patterns being bugged making them constantly move downwards once they arrive on that map. Which also ties into my last post on here on how I made Penny continuously walk into the void.

Edit 1.04: The above is still happening... ;-;

• FakeGeekGamerGirl

FakeGeekGamerGirl Big Damn Hero

Also, the kids go about their routine pretending she's still with them. I dunno if that's intended or not, though.