1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. LordRuin

LordRuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is this compatable with Frackin Universe? Also, can you make a patch or something to make it compatable with Frackin Races?

2. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

3. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

[11:06:00.897] [Error] Could not load image asset '/THE MODS/UNPACKED PENGUIN PIRACY/PenguinPiracy/items/armors/penguin/penguinarmor/pengarmorsuit-tier1/icons.png:pants', using placeholder default.

You wouldn't happen to have 'THE MODS' folder in your starbound mods folder would you? That could be causing issues if so (the file path implies it)

Either "UNPACKED PENGUIN PIRACY", or the PenguinPiracy.pak should be placed within the mods folder.

4. ManicRykker

Penguin Piracy development is also at a pause until further notice. (Mentioned on the front page).

Anyone may make patch mods for penguin piracy/<mod name here> compatibility though. I don't mind, and I have the asset perms set they way they are for a reason. ;)

5. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated Penguin Piracy with a new update entry:

Penguin Piracy V11.1 - Minor tweaks and adjustments

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. cloudmonet

cloudmonet Void-Bound Voyager

hello !! i’ve only begun playing with this mod and i love it already. thank you for all the work you put into it ^^
    however, i want to know if there’s anyway to fix the player penguin getting stuck when it uses a tent/sleeping bag

7. ManicRykker

Only thing I can think of, is a mod confliction. For example, if something messes with the penguin hitbox/collision, it can cause very interesting side effects...

dunno if it's that, but I definitely remember never having that occur when I was working on the mod.

8. ManicRykker

9. White Tortoise

White Tortoise Void-Bound Voyager

I have a problem, I can't change the colour of the penguin's body

10. ManicRykker

Make sure you're not just trying to adjust a vanilla penguin, as those keep their vanilla colors I believe no matter what.

If that's not the case, there could be a confliction of some sort.. Or something like that. *shrug*

11. El Pinochet

El Pinochet Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question, for which answer I could not find, namely : In the "Penguin Beacon" quest, I am hinted to face the king, holding "distress beacon and some wiring stuff". I got the beacon from the shop, but I simply have no idea what the "wiring stuff" is. Could you answer/hint me that one please?

Well I have no idea at all, what happened to my quest, but somehow I was able progress in it

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  12. Tallglassofwater

Tallglassofwater Poptop Tamer

Are all the different penguin sub-species goin to have Frackin Races stat bonuses eventually? I saw somewhere that mod author saying they were working on revamping several parts including overhauling the older supported mod races and adding newer, more current ones. I really was taken aback when I saw all the different slots for penguins and how they're only half full. You could potentially have penguins geared for every play-style and all sorts of biome bonuses/effects!

13. gMaImNeDs

gMaImNeDs Void-Bound Voyager

Playable prinnies?! WOOOO! Ready, dude!

14. cloudmonet

cloudmonet Void-Bound Voyager

hi my penguin still gets stuck whenever it uses a sleeping bag or tent, when i get out and try to move around, the animation happens but it stays in place and i can't do anything about it. i did find that by placing a chair where i can interact with it, and then making my penguin sit fixes the getting stuck problem, but i still don't know what causes it exactly. here is the log for it

15. ManicRykker

Only thing I can think of is something that would be screwing with the race's hitbox. (A mod more than likely.) This never happened on my end when the mod was being developed.

16. ManicRykker

Penguin Piracy V11.2 - Read changelog please.

jonathonspy likes this.
  17. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

18. ManicRykker

Priority fix

jonathonspy likes this.
  19. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

Ran into an issue, think it may be penguin-related...
    Code:
    [15:00:31.061] [Error] Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:35: std::exception: bad allocation
    stack traceback:
        [C]: in ?
        [C]: in field 'behavior'
        [string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:35: in upvalue 'npcOldInit'
        [string "/npcs/ivrpgnpc.lua"]:4: in function <[string "/npcs/ivrpgnpc.lua"]:3>

20. ManicRykker

Well I don't recognize that ivrpgnpc script... may be from a different mod. (penguins used different npc files from the humanoids, but I didn't touch the npc scripts themselves when this was in development.)