RELEASED 6/9/18 FULLY COMPLETED Pencilstab's Portraits (Character sprite edits available!)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by pencilstab, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Who's next?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Harvey

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Leah

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Sam

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Alex

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Haley

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Maru

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Sebastian

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. Penny

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. kaylin05

kaylin05 Space Hobo

So I was hoping to find out if you are going to update Shane's sprit and so one due to him now being one of the ones you can marry. Evey time it cuts to him on a cut part or even the dances and wedding he is two black lines or a gray block. Same with kissing him.

NOTE: I just saw the past post about what the asshats have said to you. I can let you know, I love your work. I know the pain of others being assholes over your work. I did do a comic for some time but stopped due to all the ones making me feel like I'm not good at it.

I know the need to walk away from something. I understand but hope you may one day come back to it. I love the game and I can say your mode makes it even more worth playing for me. I love how everyone looks in it. And one day hope to see a photo of Shane holding his bff Chicken! I hope you get the want to come back. <3

Love someone that LOVES and would pay for your work.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
      Cache likes this.
    • Cache

Cache Subatomic Cosmonaut

Haha, if we can pay to get her to return and finish - I'd be down.
      On the off chance that's illegal or something; it's just a joke, chuckletuna! :nurunaughty:
      So silly.

• melody9836

melody9836 Void-Bound Voyager

Seeing these portraits and knowing that they won't be finished almost made me cry, seriously.. I'm not exagerating:cry:, this is the best mod I have found, and I have been looking for a mood for the characters of the game for quite some time... I don't blame you though, those hate comments were awful, and I can fully understand that you don't have the motivation to continue (sorry for my bad english, I'm actually from Spain...) I know it's hard to read those hate comments, but have you read the love comments? A lot of people loved (and I'm sure they still do) your art and were very upset after you decided to stop making the mod... And I was so happy that I wasn't the only one accepting your decision. I know my comment really doesn't matter, but I wanted to say that. I hope you change your mind someday, and if you don't, I completely understand.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
          wafflerie likes this.
        • Naaria

Naaria Orbital Explorer

Damn. I was hoping for unbearded Harvey because he looks really damn good. I'm sorry people were so damn rude to you about your amazing work. These are the only portrait mods I wanted to use in SDV because I just love the style so much. I really am sorry bout the assholes :(

emirinsama and lyiall like this.
          • xDiabolica

xDiabolica Orbital Explorer

I love your artstyle i hope you'll finish them someday :)

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

It breaks my heart to know this mod will never have all the characters of the game.
              It was the very first portrait mod I ever fell in love with (and downloaded) and I still love it to pieces to this day.

• Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Awww I would have used this if it had been updated for 1.1 :(( I love the art style!

• nevergrowingup

nevergrowingup Void-Bound Voyager

this is freaking great! I love most of the character portraits there and cant wait til some villagers are there, like robin :) I never find a good portrait for her!

• nevergrowingup

nevergrowingup Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, now I replaced nearly everyone with the portraits of this mod (except Jas and Sebastian, there I use another one 'cause the anime Jas is too cute and I dont really like this seb), but is it normal, that Lewis' portrait is kinda unstable when I talk to him? It's all the time moving/refreshing or so. Its also unsharp.

• Rachaelora

Rachaelora Void-Bound Voyager

these are sooo beautiful, such a shame no 1.1

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

I'm really sad to see that this is no longer being worked on; this was always my favorite portrait mod.

For personal use, I threw together a quick modified Emily set that combines the existing eyebrows, eyes, and mouths of the 4 images Pencilstab made to approximate the new ones needed for the 1.1 update. They're not spot-on for what the new images need (no blushing on the blush image, and the eyes are still open in the bottom-right image, etc.), but they're better than missing images. I've attached it if anybody else is interested.

Attached Files:

• Rachaelora

Well done! Any chance you could do the same for Clint, and shane? I found this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/55683x/help_with_portraits_mod_discussion/ in which ch4rms had permission to share theirs, but I messaged them but I am impatient and not sure I will get a response.. I know nothing about coverting stuff to XNB
                          [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
                          If you can or ANYONE can you'd be my god. Such a shame an amazing artist with unfinished work.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
                            zomgzomg likes this.
                          • Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Those are way better than mine, LOL. :)

The Emily one was missing the shocked image (lower-left corner), and had the lower-right image in its place. I moved it back over, and replaced with a slightly-improved version of my fill-in. Also, the angry expression was shifted one pixel to the right for some reason; I fixed that, too.

The Shane and Clint ones were fine, though.

Here's the XNBs for the three portrait sets.

Attached Files:

• Rachaelora

BLESS YOU!!!!:avalihug::avalihug:

• ReplacedAxis

ReplacedAxis Void-Bound Voyager

You two are gods, thank you.

• missashofoz

missashofoz Void-Bound Voyager

Beautiful! I've been using these portraits for a long time and I recently re-installed so, of course, I had to come hunt these down again. Glad to see they're still here, thanks for all your gorgeous work.

• mortegai

mortegai Void-Bound Voyager

These are amazing but I was just wondering if they're 1.1 compatible :3

• 2Scribble

2Scribble Void-Bound Voyager

They are and they aren't - download the original version and then download the fixes posted at the end of this thread. Replace your copy of Stardew's portraits with these files in that order.

• mortegai

mortegai Void-Bound Voyager

oh I didn't even realise I'm sorry! But thank you for your help <3

• lyiall

lyiall Poptop Tamer

Seeing other people, who also fell in love with this mod, help each other out is heart warming ♥