1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Peculiar Planets [DISCONTINUED] v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Adds high level planets for all biome types.

1. bsambrone

bsambrone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm getting the same. Possible to share via dropbox to avoid the torrent of requests your google account is about to receive?

haynesy566 likes this.
  2. BurningJoker

BurningJoker Void-Bound Voyager

SB won't load when this is in the mods folder.
    Fatal exception caught:(starexception) an error occurred during loading:(jsonexception) no such key in json::get("completionconditions")

3. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Check your version of SB, the very latest one is for Pleased Giraffe.

4. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

I have the same issue with that "completionConditions" thing and everything is updated to the latest versions.
    In fact I made an effort of booting up Pleased Giraffe for "each and every"* mod separately just to check which indiviual ones wouldn't work, and sadly, updated or not, Mysterious Stars is among the bad apples...

*edit: that I used prior to the last update

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  5. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Same thing, Pleased Giraffe seems to have changed some stuff JSON-wise, and it seems like Mysterious Stars still had the old format for missions.

6. InsanityPie

InsanityPie Phantasmal Quasar

Tried to install this on the latest stable and got JSON errors and a crash, might need some tweaking to get it running on the new version

7. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I totally forgot to make the Google Drive link accessible to the public. That should hopefully be fixed now, although you still should've been able to download v1.5 if you signed in and got it directly from the download button since I also uploaded it to this site. As for the completionConditions error, I'm looking into that right now. I'm going to be on a trip for the next 3 days, but I'll try to get a quick fix out before I leave if possible.

8. The-Wolfster

The-Wolfster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, this is odd. Clicking the "download now" button downloads the previous version of the mod (v1.4.4). Doesn't seem like it's linked to v1.5

9. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Interesting. That probably explains why people are getting the completionConditions error then. It's a quest related thing, but the quest in v1.4.4 was removed in v1.5 completely. I just individually tested v1.5 on stable and it worked just fine.

10. The-Wolfster

I see how that can be a problem. Let us know when the download link is updated, and hopefully the mod should work just fine.

11. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Broconut updated Mysterious Stars with a new update entry:

Mysterious Stars - v1.5 (Re-uploaded)

Read the rest of this update entry...

You guys should be good to go now. :up: Just tested the download again myself and it seems to be working again, thank goodness, lol.

12. doll13

doll13 Void-Bound Voyager

well thanks to hotfix it's broken again :v

13. BurningJoker

BurningJoker Void-Bound Voyager

I can't travel to any mysterious planet, endless hyper space travel, have to quit and it puts me on a random gentle star next time.

Still broken.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  14. InsanityPie

I have a similar issue, either it endless FTL travels or I successfully reach a planet... just to CTD on beaming down and the character becoming unusable, CTD everytime the character is reopened so I personally would call this a game breaking bug D:

Im just glad I backup my character files or I would of lost that one...

EDIT: Nevermind, seems CF got rid of character backups restoring you the the last location so I just lost my main chararacter :/

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  15. Tofu Mc Dog

Tofu Mc Dog Starship Captain

The endless hyperspace bug might be related to other issues, because I deinstalled mysterious stars on the suspicion that it might be the guilty party.
    But I got that bug regardless.
    If jumping to hyperspace puts my character at risk anyway I might as well use MS again.

16. InsanityPie

Nope, I found out it was being caused due to mysterious stars corrupting planet files. Removed the mod, deleted the corrupted files, and then moved to a new part of the galaxy and haven't had infinite FTL since.

Plex_Director likes this.
  17. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

I had the same experience. Once the mod was removed and the universe reset (didn't bother to linger in one with so many .FAIL files under its belt) everything runs fine now FTL-wise.

Shame though, as Mysterious Stars was one of my favourite mods.

Edit: I stand corrected! Without MS the bug keeps happening occasionally... weird!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  18. PureBounds

PureBounds Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Endless hyperspace is caused by the game being unable to parse biome files. Mine complains endlessly in the log file about "oceanfloorms" being unparsable. I unpacked the mod and the biome does exist. So i have no clue what is going on. Removed MS for now (pity).

19. The-Wolfster

Yeah there's a few Mysterious Stars biomes that don't seem to want to load (one of the more recent ones I've found is Floran Jungle dungeons, strange). This will likely need fixing in the future.

20. troop99

troop99 Void-Bound Voyager

Wanted to try this mod so bad, endgame is kinda boring atm in vanilla. Unfortunately i have the same issues as discribed above: endless FTL, CTD. Strangely the first Planet seems to work most of the times, second one crahes the game.

Log says something about "oceanfloorms" as well T.T

bump4fix! would love it!