1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Peculiar Planets [DISCONTINUED] v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Adds high level planets for all biome types.

1. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The "A fair trade" quest should be reverted to how it is in vanilla, due to it being supposed to be an overly long gag (Due to you having to bring the quest giver coffee, a mug and spoon).

2. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Really late reply, but yes, 'Unreal' is the default name for tier 10 in the cockpit.config file. I'm probably just going to leave it that way.

That's the mysterious element damage you take if you don't have the omni nano suit equppied. You can get it from the penguin bay merchant for 100 core fragmanets after you've finished the weapon testing site quest. I guess it's my fault since I didn't change the planet tooltips to suggest this. You're not the first to have pointed this out, so I should probably fix that.

Eh, I personally don't really like how the original quest is structured. I changed it because I'd much rather have the quest be optional (unless you're going for ship upgrades) and straightforward with what the person wants.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Consider that you don´t even have to find anything in order to pretty much get a free tech, while the vanilla quest instead requires the player to get a spoon, meaning that the player has to visit a level 2 planet, making it more difficult.

Another suggestion is to, if possible, overhaul the Omni Suit quest in order to make it better than a fetch quest. I´m referring to something like the EMF mission in that it requires the player to get armor of a minimum tier, and uses a preset environment.

4. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

One thing I could do to help remedy that is to make the flat white coffee recipe require an empty glass mug. That way, the player will have to visit a desert planet to get the sand for it. It would also make more sense since the coffee recipe is just milk and coffee with nothing to hold it. As for the custom mission idea, I'd love to do something like that, but since I've never made a mission before, I'd have to figure out how. If I do, I'll try to come up with something more interesting than "fetch me 100 core fragments" because I agree that fetch quests are kind of lame. Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: I'm going to release one more small update with some changes to the coffee quest and planet tooltips. Whenever I decide to figure out how to make missions, I'll do that for v1.5 or something.

5. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Broconut updated Mysterious Stars with a new update entry:

Mysterious Stars - v1.4.4

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Dose this happen to work with FU Brah, guess I could have asked him as I was just on his mod page DOH.

7. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

It does, but none of the stuff from FU like planets and resources will appear in mysterious stars. In order for that to happen, I would need to make a separate version of this mod that incorporates all the new stuff from FU.

8. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Oh I see, so it works but the biomes that are added by FU will not show up around the new star. Do you know if it adds to the count of the stars that spawn or is it just mixed up in the standard seed count that spawn ? If it adds to the star count then I would need see any need to add a plugin for FU, as it's some times nice to not see the same things spawn on every star. And thank you for taking the time to reply Brah.

9. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I haven't thoroughly tested that, but I'm fairly certain that the stars get mixed up rather than adding the new stars to empty spaces.

10. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm I see thanks again for your reply Brah, and keep up the great works :)

11. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Now the problem is that flat white coffee is a bit expensiver, and the problem of it being too easy still stands, as it takes very little work to mine a few sand blocks to get the glass, as opposed to oil, which requires exploring underground or finding a tar biome.

12. phoenixonfire

phoenixonfire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A new nano suit is now available. It combines the protections of every nano suit and it also protects you from the strange element emitted by mysterious stars. Yes, you're going to have to reach end-game before being able to start exploring mysterious stars now.

*this is in description dude

13. VaeliusNoctu

VaeliusNoctu Pangalactic Porcupine

Can i found new Armors? I mean some that let me survive more then 1 Hit from a Unreal Planet Mob?

14. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Sadly, no you cannot. If I ever do decide to add higher tier equipment, it will probably be a separate mod.

15. VaeliusNoctu

VaeliusNoctu Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, thx and btw can i found slime biomes on your mysterious Radioactive Stars?

16. DaWrecka

DaWrecka Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not affiliated with Mysterious Stars, but I thought I'd share a picture of something I've been messing around with...

It's not quite ready for primetime yet...

Attached Files:

17. SciMuse

SciMuse Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way I change the mission dependency of the techs? I am doing an outpost-less run and have almost everything covered except the techs. Love the mod by the way :)

18. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Only if you mod it in yourself.
    But yeah, it's possible.
    Basically you just add them to "showTech" on upgradeShipX.aicommand.
    It'll be more difficult to get the Shipupgrades showing up there, but not too difficult.

It's basically just editing the DisableCommand and EnableCommand to fit your needs, but I'm sure you can get that done if you're into modding.
    If not, I can also help you out there.

19. SciMuse

SciMuse Void-Bound Voyager

My skills are limited here. I am using a mod for the ship upgrades. Same prices and doesn't require penguin bay.

I may be wrong, it has been a few hundred hours since I played vanilla. I thought the techs were natively tied to ship upgrades? This mod ties them to Missions? I was hoping I could delete a few files. However I will try anything. I don't mind messing stuff up since backups and character wipes are second nature to me. Oh, and I have never done more than modify anothers modification. Not a programmer. Thank you for any assistance!

20. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

The techs itself are linked to shipupgrades, yes.
    However, there are those suits you need to survive on the planet, those are linked to quests aka missions.
    Maybe a little more explanation would do the trick so I can explain what you need to do.

Do you want to be able to accept the missions itself (uniqueWorld dungeons) without visiting the outpost and accepting the linked quest?
    Or do you just want access to those suits, without having to accept and / or finish the outpost quest?