1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Peculiar Planets [DISCONTINUED] v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Adds high level planets for all biome types.

1. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

If you'd like totally random everything, search up Prismatic Stars. You can use Mysterious Stars and Prismatic Stars together. Prismatic only goes up to Inconceivable difficulty though.

2. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As long as you don't change/remove anything in the \giraffe_storage\universe folder the coordinates will be pretty much the same. Mysterious Stars will spawn in unexplored sections of the universe map.

The spawned biomes are pretty close to vanilla, but tend to be a higher level. Even with end tier gear I still have a few close calls.

3. gartho33

gartho33 Space Spelunker

Hey gents, I'm having a bit of trouble. The mod said u don't have to start a new toon to get started, so i just reset my universe... however, I cannot get the protection that is required for the content (Note: I have max ship, completed all the quests and am using a custom race). What activates or triggers the ability to be "researched"?

4. Radenius

5. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The quest needs the second penguin mission to not have been completed. Since you completed all the quests you'll need to put yourself in admin mode in single player (type "/admin"), then type in "/spawnitem omnisuitgift" to get the omni tech item. Type "/admin" again to take yourself out of admin mode.

6. FuNiOnZ

FuNiOnZ Big Damn Hero

Code:
    [21:55:52.300] Error: UniverseServer: error during pooled world create: (OutOfRangeException) last() called on empty list
      StarException::StarException(char*)
      WorldLayout::addLayer(unsigned long long, int, WorldLayout::RegionParams, Maybe<WorldLayout::RegionParams>, Vector<unsigned int, 2u>, Vector<unsigned int, 2u>)
      WorldLayout::buildTerrestrialLayout(TerrestrialWorldParameters, unsigned long long)::{lambda(TerrestrialWorldParameters::TerrestrialLayer)#1}::operator()(TerrestrialWorldParameters::TerrestrialLayer)
      WorldLayout::buildTerrestrialLayout(TerrestrialWorldParameters, unsigned long long)
      WorldTemplate::WorldTemplate(CelestialCoordinate, shared_ptr<CelestialDatabase>)
      _Function_handler<shared_ptr<WorldServerThread> (), UniverseServer::createCelestialWorld(CelestialCoordinate)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPoolPromise<shared_ptr<WorldServerThread> > WorkerPool::addProducer<shared_ptr<WorldServerThread> >(function<shared_ptr<WorldServerThread> ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
      WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run()
      ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    Getting this error with the new version installed, players just get stuck in warp infinitely

7. Reetno

Reetno Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really like this mod, and I like the work you've done with it, but I really don't like the addition of the tech... I've already lost a character to having a added modded tech to the character and I'd really like to not have to make a new character if I ever want to remove the mod, or might have to in later game updates.

Is there any way there could be a version that doesn't require the tech/new status effect?

I mean I can understand why you would go that route, but I'd really like to have my character to be able to carry on with regardless of what mods I may or may not have... That's why I tend to be very picky choosy with what mods I put on and don't add ones that add new items.

Saklad5 likes this.
  8. Cardi

Cardi Void-Bound Voyager

I'm getting a strange occurrence. Since installing and gaining the omnisuit tech I no longer get any damage whatsoever. All attacks pass right through my character.

9. Radenius

You left admin mode on.

10. x183647

x183647 Void-Bound Voyager

To get O₂ Cold Heat Radiation Protection Will unlock Omni?

11. Radenius

It actually works online as well, so don't worry about that. And if you really don't want it, you don't strictly have to use it, as long as you aren't exploring a Mysterious Star that is. It's not a heavily modded tech like ILikeCheating has, all it does is protect you from all the elements vs just one.

No, you get it through a mission. If you've done them already, type /admin then type /spawnitem omnisuitgift

don't forget to turn admin mode off again.

12. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Latest update broke it for Upbeat Giraffe 688

"(AssetBackendException) Required file '/pak.modinfo' does not exist in database, was likely skipped during pak creation (Check server skip list)."

13. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The download donked up; the above dropbox link is the correct file. c:

14. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I decided to test this since you brought it up. I found out that as long you don't have the omni nano suit equipped before removing the mod, it won't cause any problems; however, if you DO have it equipped when you remove the mod and start the game up again, it'll corrupt your player file.

So yeah, be sure to equip one of the other nano suits before removing the mod. I'll be putting this information on the front page since I feel that it's important.

Do you remember which planet type it was that was causing the player to get stuck in FTL? Or was with all of them?

Hopefully, I can get the download button to download the correct version of the mod again but I don't know. We'll have to see. Apparently other people have had that same problem on here before.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  15. FuNiOnZ

FuNiOnZ Big Damn Hero

It was a lower difficulty (mostly harmless or something like that) desert planet, nothing really remarkable. Had the problem, disconnected, reconnected, happened again, did it a few more times to make sure, then took the mod out and swapped it with 1.3 and went elsewhere and it seemed fine again. Really odd issue. Never had this issue before 1.4 though.

16. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Huh? Are you sure it was in a mysterious star? They should only have insane, incalculable, inconceivable and unreal planets. I made separate biome files for all of the planet types for this mod, so it shouldn't interfere with planets from other star types. We're you at a gentle star when that happened?

17. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

I thought that's what i did download. D;

In any case thank you!

18. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Broconut updated Mysterious Stars with a new update entry:

Mysterious Stars - v1.4.1 Patch

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. ScrubNiggurath

ScrubNiggurath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww man he fixed the tentacle planets. The transparent thing they had going for them was fuggin COOL. ;u;

20. JoKEraI

JoKEraI Intergalactic Tourist

Hi Broconut, I also encountered the infinite warp issue. My encounters were specifically to ocean planets though as I was looking for nice ocean planet to build my summer resort :D

I was not wearing the omnisuit and the planet threat is unreal. I do have frackin universe in my game though, not sure if they are currently compatible together =/

Update: I've removed mysterious stars and tested again. No issue with travelling to ocean now :(

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015