1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Peculiar Planets [DISCONTINUED] v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Adds high level planets for all biome types.

1. SaberMurusaki

SaberMurusaki Phantasmal Quasar

yes, you need to start new character

2. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

That sucks, and I have too much cool stuff to consider that. :/

3. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

If you've already beaten the weapon testing mission before installing the mod, you'll have to spawn in an object to get the nano suit.

do /admin and then do /spawnitem omnisuitgift.

That should spawn a gift box that starts and finishes a quest that gives you the omni suit.
    I should probably put that information on the front page. I totally forgot. :facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  4. Radenius

Yeah, I completed all the missions. Totally done with that, now just traipsing around planets looking for neat things. Thanks for the info on that though, definitely appreciate it. I also use Prismatic Stars, and these two play nicely with each other, for the record.

5. Navry

Navry Void-Bound Voyager

Hilarious enough, I just came to ask about acquiring the Omnisuit for already-completed characters as well.

Good to know you thought ahead.

6. SaberMurusaki

SaberMurusaki Phantasmal Quasar

hey
    maybe if you have creative mod then you can add that tech
    steps:
    1.download the creative mod and put it in the mod folder.
    2.then go in the folder and then to the quests then there will be alltechscm
    3.open up the alltechscm and edit it
    4.put in the tech name in enableTech list
    5.launch your game then craft ultimate box and then you must craft All Tech Unlocker and you will get it

"you can only obtain vanila techs, but you can edit the quest to get modded techs"

7. stephanreiken

stephanreiken Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder, would this happen to work with other similar mods without conflicting? Like Fracking Flora? I realize that the Mysterious Stars undoubtably would not have the new biomes, but that they still work, with the normal biomes, would work for me as long as I can get them side by side.

8. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

an update on the crash log, it seems that the perfectly generic pet thing is a non fatal error on the side of that Camp. so there's that.

i'll bet anything it has to do with running race mods or starbound quest skip. which is a bloody shame as it seems i'm the only one crashing with 1.3, and i really do like how this aims to put in a proper endgame.

9. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Just tested this with Frackin' Universe and the game seems to run just fine. Since mysterious stars have their own separate biomes, none of the stuff from Frackin' Universe will be there, but they still seem to work alongside each other without any issues.
    I've got the feeling it probably has to do with the quest skip one. I'll look into it and see if there's some kind of confliction going on.

EDIT: Yup, our ai.config is conflicting with each other. In my mod, under "enableCommandsAtLevel" in ai.config, I remove the paint tool from "3" and add it to "2". For the wire tool, I remove it from "4" and add it to "3". Since the quest skip mod completely removes "2", "3" and "4" from "enableCommandsAtLevel", the game crashes because it cannot move the paint tool and wire tool to and from locations that no longer exist.

Fortunately, I've got a fix for it.
    If you go into the folder for the quest skip mod, go to the ai folder and open up ai.config.patch, preferably with notepad++, and change the code from this:
    Code:
    [
    {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/enableCommandsAtLevel/1",
        "value": [ "skipQuests" ]
      },
    {
        "op": "remove",
        "path": "/enableCommandsAtLevel/2/0"
      },
    {
        "path": "/enableCommandsAtLevel/3/0"
      },
    {
        "path": "/enableCommandsAtLevel/4/0"
      }
    ]
    to this:
    Code:
    [
    {
        "op": "replace",
        "path": "/enableCommandsAtLevel/1",
        "value": [ "skipQuests" ]
    }
    ]
    That fixed it for me. Hope this helps.

10. Rukrio

would your mod perchance replace the initial quests? if so, there's our culprit. it also triggers the ship upgrade commands, so there's that.

11. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Oh wow, I guess you posted this while I was still editing my previous post. :eek: But yeah, the problem was a confliction with ai.config. The solution I posted above should allow you to run the game with both mods.

Rukrio likes this.
  12. Rukrio

thanks man~. i should also mention i can't wait to try your mod alongside the marauder gear mod, as both on thier own don't add much to an endgame experience, but i can see that ultrin compound and that sleek marauder armor doing some nice endgame work on your mysterious stars.

EDIT: OP/Broconut confirmed for awesome. patch works like a charm.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  13. Radenius

Alright, a couple times now going to an Unreal level planet has resulted in getting stuck in the traveling animation, and needing a Save and Quit to get out of it. Doing so brings me back to my home planet, completely taking me away from where I was (which was a long distance, in order to get the Mysterious Stars to show up in the first place). Please look into this, if possible? There's no error message or anything, your ship just never stops traveling.

14. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Crud. If you get stuck in FTL, that means the game is having a problem generating the planet you're trying to go to. If you remember which planet type (biome) it was that you were visiting, it'd help me find the problem sooner.

15. Radenius

Should it happen again I will take note of it. I've been more watchful since then but of course, no more problems... heh.

16. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, so I found the problem. When I tried going to an arctic planet, I got stuck in FTL. The log said something about sandstone not being a valid block type in coral caves. It was supposed to be sandstone01 so I fixed it. I'll be uploading a patch shortly.

If the FTL issue ever crops up again for anyone, please let me know.

17. Radenius

Excellent, that''s that sorted then. Thank you!

18. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

DL link still gives out v1.3. Forgot to change it? :)

19. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

20. Mettaricana

Mettaricana Void-Bound Voyager

i cant seem to get omni to spawn with commands or otherwise i just get a perfectly generic item and cant find any of the mysterious stars at all... i installed it in the mods folder and got nothing so far