PC Save Transfer To Switch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by crystallshine, Dec 3, 2019.

1. crystallshine

crystallshine Orbital Explorer

I'm honestly not sure how possible this would be, but just as save transfers are possible between mobile and PC, it would be cool if we could also transfer our save to the switch. I truly feel that switch is the perfect platform for stardew, and would love to buy the game, but I don't want to lose hundreds of hours on my main save.

• SSShakuras

SSShakuras Big Damn Hero

Assuming you managed a way to export/import save from your Switch, it probably wouldn't be possible since PC save are now in 1.4 and the Switch version are 1.3.

• crystallshine

crystallshine Orbital Explorer

I know that, but switch will eventually get the update and I was hoping at some point there would be made an official way to transfer your save. There was a way to do it before but it involved save editing and such. And I am not personally trying to figure this way out, I am asking if it is possible for Stardew to ever get an official way to transfer saves from pc to switch.

• MJPZero

MJPZero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+1 and surprised this is not more requested. I originally bought SDV on the PC and absolutely love it. I have "completed" the game several times the traditional way, but now usually enjoy playing a more customized approach when starting a new file (to reduce grinding, similar to a "new game+" such as adding all professions). This would make the mobile switch version a lot more enjoyable. Would love to see steam cross-save or some official functionality for porting PC saves over to Switch.

From what I have read this is possible through non-legit means by using homebrew and hacking your switch, but I am not at all interested in that path.