PC Modding Toolset

Discussion in 'Custom Content' started by Zen-C, Feb 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Zen-C

Zen-C Space Hobo

Hey folks! Now that the game is out, I'm eager to start working on mods. Has anyone had success in unpacking and repacking the .dat files? Anyone find / make any useful tools?

• Razzle Storm

Razzle Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not yet, and I'm not sure how much the developers are willing to support modding anything beyond campaigns/maps. I'd love to hear an official response though for when they want to allow us to start breaking the game :D

• Cinqnic

Cinqnic Space Hobo

I wonder as well. To be honest I was expecting more open file structure.

• RevenantBob

RevenantBob Big Damn Hero

Are you sure it's not just compressed? I could see it being encrypted though because they have DLC plans.

• Cinqnic

Cinqnic Space Hobo

Hopefully soon someone from the team will tell us something. This game is supposed to be modding friendly. :)

• Cinqnic

Cinqnic Space Hobo

This is huge, superb work! :D

• pickysaurus

pickysaurus Void-Bound Voyager

Great work! :)

• Zen-C

Zen-C Space Hobo

Hmm. Did we lose some posts? Manual edits, or was that a moderator?

If we're stepping on the toes of the dev team, I for one would like to know. I doubt anyone's intention here is to cause trouble. Just looking for ways to further explore this game.

• Sebihunter

Sebihunter Yeah, You!

Seems we definitely lost the posts with the screenshots and progress on modding tools.

• Razzle Storm

Razzle Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Right, I also would love to know if this will be mod friendly, or maybe if there are certain plans to open it up after X days (for DLC, or what have you), or if there aren't plans to make it mod-friendly, so people should instead focus on making maps and campaigns.

• Cinqnic

Cinqnic Space Hobo

From the official blog, under what's comming short term: "Modding is also coming soon and of course a PS4 version of the game is in the works."

What does it mean exactly, we can only guess until more info is shared.

Razzle Storm likes this.