1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

PC: Game Crashing (w/ Error Logs and Game Save)

Discussion in 'Support' started by mcxthegreat, Nov 26, 2017.

1. mcxthegreat

mcxthegreat Space Hobo

Hello, I recently bought stardew valley on steam and really like the game, except I cant play for more than 5 - 7 minutes without the game crashing. The game crashes during the intro scene, so normally I just skip it.

The main time the game crashes is when I am clicking on an NPC in order to have a conversation with them.

Here's some of my PC's specs:
    i5-4690k
    ASUS Strix r9 390
    16gb DDR3-2133
    Windows 10 Home

Some of the things I have tried:
    Starting new games
    Running the game in compatibility mode (windows recommends running in windows 8)
    Validating the integrity of the steam files
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Stardew Valley
    Changing the regional system locale (per a google recommendation when i searched for my error log)

I appreciate any help in getting back to being able to play this awesome game!

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• mcxthegreat

mcxthegreat Space Hobo

Okay, so I am pretty sure I figured out what the problem was.

I had originally called my character MC[x].

I'm thinking that whenever an NPC was trying to use my name in dialog, the data type wasnt able to convert my name into the dialog box because of the brackets [].

Super stoked that I can play the game now without the constant fear of it crashing.

• unincornlove21

unincornlove21 Space Hobo

Im still having trouble playing the game, after I set up my character it goes to save then crashes, not sure what to do