Suggestion PC - Disable Controller Options

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sarioya, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Sarioya

Sarioya Big Damn Hero

I've been having a great time playing so far, and have started to get into larger maps with friends where the turns can take a quite a bit of time to come back around. No problem there as I can do other things while waiting for that wonderful Steam notification saying it's my turn. The problem then became that Wargroove apparently likes to read my controller input when it's not in focus, and there's no way to disable the controller completely without unplugging it (I could play La-Mulana 2 with my keyboard, but I like my metroidvanias with a controller). Sadly, I discovered this by tabbing back to Wargroove and finding myself alone in an arcade match, and having apparently abandoned the match I'd been playing with my friends. It was not a happy time.

Anyway, with that bit of backstory out of the way, my suggestion would be to have options in the game for enabling and disabling both a game controller and reading controller input while out of focus. I can see how the latter could be useful while streaming or on a dual screen setup, so I don't want to suggest just throwing it out.

Keep up the awesome work!