1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [PC/Beta/Switch] Crops appear to be "watered" but are not, causes crop desync

Discussion in 'Support' started by Splittykitty, May 7, 2018.

1. Splittykitty

Splittykitty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, it's really hard to fit this issue into a title without it getting to windy so I'm going into more detail here.

Essentially, and I'm noticing this even more especially now that I have started playing Beta, there is a chance that when you wake up in the morning you will walk out and have a crop (or two, or three!) appear to already be watered. This is without any kind of fertilizer or water retaining soil. Even if you water the spot where this appears to happen, the next day it treats it as if the spot was not watered at ALL the previous day.

This causes crops to increase the amount of time it takes to grow. For instance, on a brand new farm in Beta I planted my given 15 Parsnips and watered them the first day and the second day. On the third day, it rained, and on the fourth day I saw that one of my Parsnips was not as far along as the other 14 Parsnips. On the 5th day when the Parnsips were ready, that one Parsnip was not ready (leaving me with only 14 Parsnips ready on what should have been my first harvest of the game.)

I have seen this bug occur with:
    - manual watering with watering can
    - watering with sprinkler (all types)
    - watering via rain
    - all types of crops (including crops such as corn, blueberries, etc. which continue to produce after the first harvest)

This is an issue that has existed on PC prior to Beta, but seems to be more common in Beta (I've never had it happen so early into a game before.) I've also noticed it occur on the Nintendo Switch version (for both myself and others), so it is not a bug that purely happens in Beta or PC.

This bug is super frustrating from a farm planning aspect, especially since I have yet to find a workaround for this bug and it's seemingly random.

I apologise if this has been posted before (I can't imagine it hasn't with how common it is in my game) but after going through the first few pages and searching I wasn't able to find anyone else making a report about this bug.

• SlartiBart

SlartiBart Intergalactic Tourist

I had the same yesterday on a multiplayer farm on PC. It rained for one day so I didn't water any crops. The next day several crops were looking rather worse for wear, but only about 3 out of ~40 planted crops.

• Zaflis

Zaflis Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't seen this with watering, because first i see terrain changes was once we had all sprinklers on and winter. But what i saw could be related, it's that it was morning and i was building stone roads. I'm game host, and farmhand player had gone to town earlier on. Then all of a sudden i see some sort of rollback occur... Most of the placed roads just vanished and i realized he had zoned in back to the farm.

So could there be some connection to these things, whenever people walk in or out of the same zone, the sync is using wrong data for everyone?

• audunmg

audunmg Void-Bound Voyager

I have seen this too in multiplayer, and was wondering why the crops was getting out of sync

• Numpty85

Numpty85 Space Spelunker

I have this too. I'm Fall year 1 now, Pumpkins take a long time so I'm going to have 3 or 4 not harvestable by the end of season because of this. It's very annoying, and costly when it's the longer term profit crops.

• KirbyLink

KirbyLink Poptop Tamer

I am currently looking into this to see if a interim patch can be made. If anyone has a save file of the day the crop didn't grow. Please let me know!