Modding Discussion Pazis Hairsalon for upcoming 1.0 (+ Pictures)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by diepazi, Jun 6, 2016.

1. diepazi

diepazi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

UPDATE 24.07.2016

RELEASED IN WORKSHOP!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730849410

Uhm hi there!

As i am looking foward to 1.0 and the Steam Workshop. I wanted to show you guys my Wig Set i am working on!
    I plan to do different Themes. For Both Male and Female.

Here is the Empress Set. :)
    More Screenshots will follow. I hope you find it appealing and cute, as i design them with much love and as much detail as I can. So roleplaying starbounders can find use in them too.

I am happy for feedback, ideas and suggestions. :)
    (Please no frankenspriting or stealing. Show some respect pls)

UPDATE 08-06-2016

IMPORTANT: So i did a little Testing with Silver Mod Starbound Hatter Tool.

So far so good. It does work just as i wished it would :)
    BUT there are some troubles for Avian players AND Novakid players.
    As the Face Sign of the Novakid would dissapear too.
    I cant find a way to work around this yet.
    As for the Avian it applies the same.
    Only solution would be (If you want to keep the beak/fluff and/or Sign on Novakid face) to keep the Hair as small as possible. :/ Until i find a solution for it.
    Hopefully. I decided therefore i will double the Wigs. One that turns of the Hair etc. and one that dont. Because loosing the Face is not so nice. :(

Note: If anyone has knowledge how to solve this i would be more thankfull for any adivce. :) Since i am new to Modding and scripting is not my strongest talent. xD
    [​IMG]

UPDATE 10-06-2016
    [​IMG]

UPDATE 08-06-2016
    [​IMG]

UPDATE 06-06-2016
    [​IMG]

NEW ENTRY 05-06-2016

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. diepazi

Hey there, hope its okay i announce i released another showcase of a new wig set. :)
    This time its for the handsome Gentlemen. Sadly there was not many variety for the noble men of great Tang. :(
    But! I did my best to get the maximum out of it, so the Gentlemen among us would look handsome and pretty too!

I am planning todo a Egyptian/Avian Themed Set next. So.. basically if you personally feel the wish to tell me what you want, i might can work it into the set. :)

See ya! <3

FadedSketch likes this.
  3. FadedSketch

FadedSketch Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice sprites! Love the level of detail you've got going. :up:

4. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Wow, these are incredible! I'd love to see how these look in-game! Great job!

5. diepazi

Naaaawh, thank you guys! <3 I will definitely add them to the game once we finally got the Workshop. :)
    Modding is pretty new to me, but i will do my best to keep it up. #pazidev

6. FireFlyForLife

FireFlyForLife Aquatic Astronaut

woow that looks so good!

7. diepazi

Hey there, thank you so much for the feedback guys! This really motivates me! <3

There fore i also did messed around with a couple of Avian themed designs. ^^"
    I hope you like them as much as i do. I firstly wanted to come up with some nice Egyptian only themes. But this did not turned out great. I think it was the detaillevel that just not worked.
    After doing some research and googling i finally came up with this set. Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: Right now I am testing the Wigs Ingame. They look awesome! Will add some Screenshots soon! :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    FadedSketch likes this.
  8. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I'm confused about your problem. These wigs make the avian beaks and novakid brands dissappear? Does it happen with only SOME of the wigs?

I think your problem might be the 'mask.png' file for the wigs. That file determines which parts of the head should be shown and which should not (the transparent parts of the mask.png will be hidden). You might be accidentally masking out the beaks of the avians and the brands of the novakids.

9. diepazi

Hey there thanks for your reply. :) No, it happens with all wigs (hats) that i create. But only Novakid and Avian :/
    I am using this. btw. http://www.silvermods.com/Hatter/ since i do not now how to make own json etc by myself yet. (Cant find any tutorial for now) And i used starcheat to implement them into the game.
    Also i am pretty new to modding tbh. :) So any help is much appreciated. <3

10. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Ok, it's what I thought. When you click that checkbox to hide the hair, the item applies a mask that hides everything on the entire face. What you want instead is to only hide some of the face. There should be a line in the item file that was generated for your item that looks like this:
    Code:
    "mask": "?submask=/items/armors/decorative/hats/eyepatch/mask.png",
    You want to change that to look like this:
    Code:
    "mask": "?submask=/items/armors/decorative/hats/plainhood/mask.png",
    That might fix it. Give it a try and let me know!

11. TheElderScroller

TheElderScroller Pangalactic Porcupine

I always use
    Code:
    "mask" : ""
    when I want no mask.
    Either its the "null" value for the mask or its because the image "" doesnt exist, but it works.
    (guess it works like a null value, because it didn't give me an error...)

You can even create custom masks using directives....

12. diepazi

Hey hey Guys.
    First of all: Thank you a thousand ton for the help! I really appreciate that!

@Peelz : I did tried to change the code but it did not helped me unfortunately. I am sorry. :( I had still the same issue. But i thank you anyway *bow* because every help is worth it. :D

@TheElderScroller : I tried secondly your tip and it just worked perfectly fine. Thank you senpai! *bows*

So i guess i have to change every JSON File for my Wigs right? :O
    Also. When i do edit the JSON File in Starcheat. The Edit should apply to the original JSON right? So i can put them to download soon, and no one has to worry about it anymore. xD (hopefully) xD

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  13. TheElderScroller

TheElderScroller Pangalactic Porcupine

No, it will only change the JSON file within your character. You will need to change the other files aswell.

But you can export them from Starcheat, makes it a bit faster maybe

And I love the sprites! ^^

14. diepazi

I see. i need to try it out. Thank you. :) I will mention your name for the help. :D

Haha Thank you, if there is anything you want to have, just tell me. I take orders and i am happy if i can make you guys happy.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hello there!

Thanks to Mr. Foxer, The Suit and TheElderScroller I finally managed to release the Empress Wig Mod! :D
    Please enjoy it! Thank you!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730849410

15. D4RKN355

D4RKN355 Aquatic Astronaut

Can you upload the mod on this site so people with gog version like me can use the mod ? thank you :)

16. Riamz

Riamz Big Damn Hero