1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Payment

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by PeteDude, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteDude

PeteDude Space Hobo

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question but, I am from europe and when i'm selecting payment options and stuff, the price is in dollars, will it be transfered to euro, will i have to pay some more because im from eu or what... I want to pay with mastercard, will it be normally charged to my bank account or not. Thank you for your time :) looking forward to preorder in next days:)

2. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Wait for someone to confirm but I am pretty sure the price is only in USD so you will just have to the euro equivalent of 15 USD (which is way cheaper than 15 euros).

3. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Currently, $15 USD is 11.25 Euros. I really can't answer the other questions, but I believe Mastercard can handle cross-currency transactions. Mastercard's site offers information on cross-currency transactions and a conversion tool for determining the relative values between different currencies.

4. Cronotrigger

Cronotrigger Big Damn Hero

im from europe 2 and i got visa. When im buying lets say in america i got only an 1% price addition from Visa forn an off europe transaction but i dont know how mastercard handles it. If you have question you cam pm me then we can discuss in German if you like

5. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Void-Bound Voyager

I think it would depend on your bank. For me, the purchase through my bank with my Visa card, the cost of online purchases in foreign exchange gets converted without any additional mark-up.

But purchasing in USD simply gets converted into the equivalent of your local currency.

If you're uncertain then either ask your bank for clarification or, I guess, make the payment and do the math :)

6. PeteDude

PeteDude Space Hobo

Thank you guys, actually I have both visa and mastercard, can pay with visa. So it will normally be converted without further big charge? ty for your time

7. PeteDude

PeteDude Space Hobo

Oh for sure maybe i can create a paypal account and put like 12 euros on it and buy the game? will this be okay, or can i trust the store and buy with my credit card?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.