1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pay Pal payment cancellation

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ammid, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ammid

Ammid Void-Bound Voyager

Just earlier I tried to pre-order the silver pack, I have 20 australian dollars already on my pay pal account but after pay pal currency conversion I'm apparently 16 cents short and so it is trying to withdraw $20.16 from my bank account. Is there any way i can have my purchace canceled so i can swap to a pixel pack instead?

2. Elyk

Elyk Space Penguin Leader

Try tweeting twitter or try sending a message to one of the other administrators online at the moment. Sorry that's the only help I can really give. :(

3. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

If you don't complete a transaction then it shows up on our end as an incomplete transaction, no action is required on your part, no money has changed hands between us and Paypal. Feel free to directly purchase a Pixel tier.

Arkax likes this.
  4. Elyk

Omnipotent saves the day!

5. Ammid

Ammid Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure how to stop the transaction from completing though, Paypal gives me no option to cancel it.

6. Syris

Syris Cosmic Narwhal

What he said was that you don't actually have to stop it or anything. Just pretend it's not there and carry on :3

7. OmnipotentEntity

I'm not certain I understand. Generally, you have to actually make an effort to complete transations. Can you screenshot what you're worried about?

8. I think he meant that he already paid for it, but wishes to cancel the transaction. IIRC it takes a while for paypal to grab money from your bank account [I'm also not sure if this applies to all banks]. Also, I don't think this can't be stopped unless the receiving end of the transaction issues a refund for the giving end.

9. OmnipotentEntity

He said he was 16 cents short for purchase, due to currency conversion, so he didn't complete it.

10. It's probably taking the 16 cents from his bank account considering afaik usually it takes money from the bank account, adds it to the current paypal amount then sends it to the receiver. If not, I don't know, that's what paypal did to me when I did a transaction via paypal once when I was purchasing something online and I had insufficient funds in my paypal.

11. OmnipotentEntity

In that case, please e-mail us at support@chucklefish.org with the e-mail address you used for purchase, please link this thread or fully explain the situation. We'll get you taken care of.

12. Elyk

What happens if he were to add money in the future, would it auto-purchase it since the transaction was made already but he just didn't have sufficient funds?

13. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Check your statement for your bank account online and see if you got an over-draft fee. If not, I'd run to the bank ASAP and throw 16 cents at them.

14. Elyk

I believe you can only add a minimum to your Paypal account, correct me if i'm wrong?

15. IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

He's stated that he has his bank account (Or possibly debit card) linked to his PayPal and now it's charging more money than he has in the bank account.

16. Ammid

Ammid Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry everyone for not replying, I wasn't expecting this to get many more replies. The purchase didn't auto-complete since withdrawing funds directly from a bank account takes 3-5 working days. As of now i have messaged the chucklefish support email omni left and purchased a Pixel tier version. Thanks to everyone who posted for helping. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.