RP Pathfinder: Carrion Crown

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ryanrem, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Ryanrem

Ryanrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

Pathfinder: Carrion Crown
    Chapter One
    The Haunting of HarrowStone
    You are hereby sentenced to live the remainder of your short life in
    Harrowstone, which, i hasten to add, is a blessing compared to the extent
    of your crimes and the suffering of your victims. There you will reside in
    the misery of your thoughts until such time as you are drawn, hanged, and quartered.
    May the gods have no mercy on your blighted soul.
    -The Final sentencing of Vance Saetressle ("The Lopper") in 4661 Ar
    You four have gathered here today At the Restlands of Ravengro for the funeral of Professor Lorrimor. to some he was a dear friend to others a father figure but all four of you share one thing, he was important to you and he has passed. Other than you four there are a handful of villagers of Ravengro who have come to pay their respects. Kendra Lorrimor the daughter of the professor thanks you all for coming and she asked if any of you are willing to help carry the coffin to the professor's grave.

Draken09 likes this.
  2. ALaizia, the youngest of the Lorrimore sisters, stood by her older sister weeping. She was rather broken up by her father's death and other matters that had followed in the days after his untimely demise. As she continued to wept she held a small black, hairless creature in her arms, her cat Gygax.
    To her this cloudy day was bleak and depressing, more so then the usual Ustalavic day. She had lost the only person other then her sister that actually understood her, who didn't think she was a freak.

Draken09 likes this.
  3. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Lia Stahlthorne quickly stepped up and took the front of the casket. She barely, in fact she didn't, know the professor. Her only connection was an event two weeks past. She had been crossing the border into the grim nation of Ustalav, searching for a new swathe of lives to better and save, and received her wish surprisingly quickly. Just meters in the man before her was grabbed from the bushes by cold, rotting hands. Lia had jumped to action, drawing the blade she had owned since birth, and smiting the foul undead with the holy vengeance of Sarenrae. Now, she was attending the man's funeral, though the slightly resented the fact. For she only attended since there was no evil to end when she received her invitation.

Alaizia Darkstar likes this.
  4. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Azrian slowly stepped forward, silently praying for the professor until he reached the casket, at which point he stopped and waited towards the back. Thinking back to his days with the professor, he smiled slightly, the faint memories of them having fairly heated discussions coming to mind as he waited to say a final farewell to his once mentor. Realizing that he was smiling at such a solemn occasion, and that others may think it abnormal, he forced himself to stop and bowed his head in prayer for the deceased. Grabbing onto part of the casket, he quickly prayed for him to be granted peace in death and finally raised his head, ready to help them move the professor to his final resting place.

Draken09 and Alaizia Darkstar like this.
  5. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

The Professor was one of the best employers Ulysses had ever been under. He payed well enough for the work that was done, and was easy enough for the brute to guard. He was enjoyable, and Ulysses was sure he was a boon to Lepidstadt. Even through the heavy coat he was feeling a chill, and he presumed it was nature of a funeral to be cold.

It was odd knowing that the man who was one of his first clients was now dead. The somber nature of Ustalav didn't help that feeling or the chill running down his back, yet knowing it was his duty, he grabbed onto the coffin to act as a pallbearer. Sending his employer and friend off was the least Ulysses could do.

Draken09 and Alaizia Darkstar like this.
  6. Ryanrem

As the four of you carry Professor Lorrimor's Coffin to his burial site a small mob of villagers stops you along the road. An older man steps forward from the group and in a violent tone yells "That's far enough. We been talking, and we don't want Lorrimor buried in the Restlands. You can take him upriver and bury him there if you want, bu he ain't goin' in the ground here!" Kendra is swift to respond, her sadness swiftly transforming into anger. "what are you talking about?" she cries out. "I arranged it with Father Grimburrow. He's waiting for us! The grave's already been..." The older fellow interrupts her in anger "You don't get it, woman. we won't have a necromancer buried in the same place as our kin. I suggest you move out while you still cant. Folks are pretty upset about this right now." "Necromancy!? Are you really that ignorant?" The two seem to be feeding off of each other's anger and the mob is quickly becoming restless with their tools at the ready.

((The next person to post determines what happens so if you plan on being the one to post make it count))

Draken09 likes this.
  7. Alaizia, whom had been carrying the left front side of the casket, spoke up in a timid tone " S-Sir, why do you call our father a necromancer, he never practiced the art, we beg of you please let our dear,beloved father be buried in peace!" She pleaded to the mob humbly. " Daddy never did anything to hurt this place, he was always kind to you, and now you are treating him like a monster.... no one deserves this treatment even after death," She spoke more firmly now " Our fair lady does not treat any soul like this, why should we."
    Beside her was the small hairless creature, gygax the cat, watching tentatively.... almost as if it knew what was being said.

8. Ryanrem

The crowd slowly starts to calm down but the older man stares at Alaizia "YOU you're Petros's witch of a daughter why should we listen to you, we should be burning you with your father i bet that will rid us of this curse". One of the more timid villagers interrupts the older man "Calm down Gibs she is right just because we seen him out in the grave yard a few times doesnt make him a necromancer, i visit my wife's grave from time to time but that doesnt make me a necromancer now does it, besides Pharasma wouldnt like us desecrating a corpse even if he was a necromancer." Gibs glares at the young man "fine i need a drink anyway" the mob disperses and you carry on to the Professor's grave. You get too the grave site without any more trouble with an older priest waiting for you. You and Kendra lower the coffin into his grave while Lorrimor chants a Pharasmaian Prayer. Kendra faces the small group of people with tears in her eyes "thank you all for coming to Petros Lorrimor's funeral, and dealing with the small interruption. Lorrimor was a good man and even better father to myself and Alaizia, he even gave up on his teaching just so we could have a better home to be raised in. Even though he was always busy with his research he always made time for us, made us dinner and even helped us get to sleep when Ravengro was restless. He still had so much to do in his life but sadly it seemed Pharasma needed him more than we did. Father i hope you will rest easy now knowing your daughters would never be the people we are today without you". Kendra slow moves back into the crowd crying. The old priest states "if anyone else has anything to say, speak now".

9. Alaizia steps forward slowly, tearing up a bit " I would..." She took a moment to collect herself and began to speak " I ... am sad to see my father go in such a... untimely fashion, he was always here for me when I needed him," The girl's voice became shaky as she went on " he would always read to me at night, or teach me such wonderful things..., but most of all he understood me, like no one else did."

Tears began to roll down her cheeks and it was hard to keep from sobbing " I will miss you always daddy, you were a wonderful person in my life..." and with a deep gasping sob, she ran off to find her sister for console.

10. Draken09

Lia felt obligated to say something. She was somewhat off-put by the idea of the professor having been a necromancer, though she quickly assured herself that it was impossible- he had shown up as clearly not-evil when she had saved him. She stepped purposefully up to the stand, and began her heavily improvised spiel. "I knew Professor Lorrimor not, except that he was a decent man, at the very least. I can also vouch heavily, that he was most certainly not a necromancer. But two weeks ago, as I entered into this kingdom, I saved him from an attack by undead. I could sense, beyond a doubt, that he was most certainly not evil, and the vile undead were clearly not under his command. He made small mention of his deeds, but I had to bid him farewell, though the requested my name. And it is by that question, and my answer, Lia Stalthorne, that I am here today. In memory of this man who had done so much, and recognized too little." She respectfully but purposefully stepped back with a small bow, then promptly returned to her prior position, standing erect, and scanning random members of the crowd for significant evil.

11. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

Ulysses decided he was to stay silent on this occasion. He felt that his lack of words would say more than entire novels. After all, a silent man is the best man. A living, silent man that is. Despite his musings, it still felt a bit wrong to go quieted like this when asked to speak about such a generous employer. More importantly, he could call the professor a friend in a certain sense. He finally decided to speak up after hearing a virtual stranger speak about the man. If she could muster those words, so could he. Clearing his throat, he spoke up.

"I knew the Professor for a decent amount of time, enough time for him to hire me multiple times over his travels. He was a good employer and compensated well for my work. I'm sure myself and the University will miss his contributions."

He returned to where he was standing after those few short statements. He noticed the Lorrimor sisters off crying among themselves. He resigned himself to listen to the rest of the proceedings.

12. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Azrian contemplated whether to say something about the professor, listening to what others were saying about him. His daughter and two others each had something different to say about the professor, but Azrian felt that even if he tried to say something, it would likely end up sounding incorrect to the others attending. Silently sighing about this fact, he mentally reminded himself that funerals weren't his area of expertise and that he had already prayed enough for the deceased. Shrugging, he decided not to speak and instead continue listening to any others that talked about the professor.

13. Ryanrem

Father Grimburrow says a few parting words as they finish with burying the Professor to rest. Kendra approaches the four of you with tears still in her eyes "Thank you for coming here, and your more than welcome to stay at our estate for the night after the will is read but that wont be until an other hour. Id suggest heading to Zokar's Tavern" She points to a fat yet upbeat looking man " He owns the Laughing Demon Tavern and i promise you, he will be able to help you get your mind off of things. Alaizia why don't you join them. You don't get out that much and i need to clean up the estate for our guests."

14. Draken09

Lia stiffened a tad as she heard the name of Zokar's tavern. "The Laughing Demon." Ever since I've arrived in this abominable kingdom I have grown to dislike it more and more. I came to destroy evil, for it's well known- or rumored at the very least- that this kingdom contains vile things that should never have been spawned. Yet I expected the corruption to come from creatures of the night, not the citizens themselves...

She mentally shook off her thoughts and reprimanded herself for having doubts. It was only natural for a people plagued by fear to try and cope, even if the method was... Unconventional at best. "I shall head there now, I need to find someone to help- it's been days since I've been able to do some real good." She quickly walked away into town, scanning the streets silently for both the tavern and evil.

15. ALaizia looked visibly nervous " ..b-but....but....I...I just want to go read, do I have to Kendra?" She didn't know these people, would they even accept her?

" I...dont think I should go there, that man was going for a drink.." the girl spoke while rubbing her left arm.

" Mewwwll" Gygax rubbed up against her left, trying to get her to pick him up.

" oh, there you are baby" She reached down and lifted him into her arms " can I bring Gygax?"

16. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

"I thank you for the kind offer, and I'll gladly accept." Azrian replied, bowing his head slightly in the process, though he wasn't even sure if she caught his reply. Hearing her mention a tavern and seeing her point out the owner, he instantly remembered not to touch anything too powerful. He would've habitually avoided drinking any even if he hadn't remembered, but the fact that he remembered did reassure him that he likely wouldn't have any problem with it. Accidentally breaking the peace of the town and having to seek the forgiveness of someone else were both things that he really didn't want to have to endure, so he knew that imbibing anything that could lead to either result was not a good idea. The fact that a tavern was a perfect place to try to convince people to seek atonement momentarily crossed his mind, but it just as quickly faded away upon remembering that he had forgotten to bring a Holy Book with him. Deciding that it was only a minor setback, and that even without the book he could still attempt it, he concluded that even if he didn't drink anything there or successfully convert anyone, the tavern would still be a good place to be. The possibility even existed that a fight might break out, allowing him the chance to try to stop it, though this thought caused him to perform a quick prayer for forgiveness. "Farewell." He said, once again bowing briefly to Kendra before turning and heading towards where he thought the Tavern was located.

17. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

Ulysses wasn't a drinking man. He preferred the company of water over most others, but he could make an exception on such an occasion. He certainly had enough gold for a drink or two, and those few drinks wouldn't impede him all that much. He could do with an ale or mead, as it had been a very long time since he had had one.

"Thank you miss for the offer. I'll be back in an hour sharp," He said shouldering his bag. He made his way down the road towards the Laughing Demon.

18. Ryanrem

"Alaizia you really should go with them besides you dont get out that much anyway, besides we will see each other in an hour, but if you truly do not want to go you can wait with me at the estate" Kendra walks off back to the estate. After looking around for a while you manage to make it too the Laughing Demon Tavern. Inside, the tavern is packed and everyone has a smile on their face. The waitresses are all in costume some looking like ghosts and zombies others looking like beautiful succubi or imps. You notice Zokar behind the bar serving up a strange green liquid that seems to be bubbling over. One of the waitresses in a succubus outfit greets you with a devilish grin "may i help you today, we have a special on zombie brains if you get it you get a glass of ghoul vomit on the house." You are also handed a menu that looks like a devils contract.

TODAYS SPECIAL: Zombies Brains with a glass of Ghoul Vomit: 5 Silver

Meals:
    Werewolf HairBalls: 4 Silver
    Vampire Steaks: 6 Silver
    Zombie Brains: 4 Silver
    Zombie Leg: 3 Silver
    Dr. Splats Delight: 8 Silver
    Devil Heart: 7 Silver

Drinks: 2 Silver
    Ghoul Vomit
    Vampire Mist
    Human Blood
    EctoPlasm

19. Draken09

Lia gazed down in horror at her menu, then looked around the room, wide-eyed. However, those blue eyes quickly changed expressions from shock to outrage. She marched up to Zokar and grabbed his collar, ready to express the full indignity and evil nature of the Laughing Demon. "I have several bones to pick with you" She said, six inches from his face in a low, menacing voice. "Oh, I understand that these are not real zombies, succubi, or imps, but the mockery of these horrible evils and the sheer disrespect for all who have died by the hands of these foul creatures made the employees, patrons, and you, the owner of this abominable place cretins." She shoved him back towards the wall, and glared at him with a half snarl across her face. Normally that face was fairly nice to look at, if almost unduly serious. Now, though, it was a face that you would never want to see, let alone directed at yourself.

20. Ryanrem

Everyone stops in the Tavern and looks at Zokar and Lia in dead silence. Zokar laughs "It seems like you dont understand power of comedy i do not mock the evils of undead, or devils i merely make fun of it to cheer up the citizens of Ravengro." He points to the two gravediggers from the funeral "see those two fellows, the younger fellow almost got eaten alive by a zombie that came up from its grave, if it was not for his friend there he wouldnt be here. I was able to calm him down with my rather comedic food and make it so he could sleep at night. If you truly want too see the real horrors of this town go to the Restlands at around midnight than you will see the horrors of Ravengro. Now get out of my tavern and do not come back till you show me that you understand what it is too truly help these people"