REQUEST Path mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Synkrasie, May 3, 2017.

1. Synkrasie

Synkrasie Aquatic Astronaut

Hey there,

currently I'm playing the Hilltop map and I tried to make it look somehwaht nice with paths going from my House. But there's a problem I'll try to explain.

So this is the Hilltop map: http://stardewvalleywiki.com/mediawiki/images/4/40/Hilltop_Farm.png

And this is how I tried to build a path (dat editing skills xD):https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/33106178/Hilltop_Farm.png

So the red lines indicates the paths I'd like to build - the green circles indicate the "error zones".

Is possible to create a mod to fix the automatic Path interaction?

For example: I have to craft every tile by myself (left-turn, right- turn, straight paths...)

In my mind this seems to be amazing but I'm worried that this Idea may turns out to look clunky...

Any Idea? Maybe there is a game mechanic I do not know which helps me to solve this issue

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'automatic Path interaction'. Do you want something changed with your map, or a better way to lay down paths?

• Synkrasie

The second option.
        When you place a path it automatically connects to onther path-tile, if it is next to the one you place. Its not possible to make 2 parrallel paths for example (at least not without a space in between them).

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

You could retexture a different path that you don't need/use much, and make it look exactly like the desired path, so that they can be placed parallel to each other without having them interact/attach to each other.

It's incredibly easy to edit something like this in Stardew Valley, you just need XNBExtract (Can be found Here) and some form of image editing software. Unpack the Flooring.xnb (This is the XNB file that contains the path sprite sheet), edit the PNG by copying and pasting the desired path where another should be, pack it back up, and put it where it belongs in your Stardew Valley directory. Bang, two separate paths that look exactly the same.

Just to err on the side of caution, you should back up any XNB files that you intend on editing or changing in any way. It ensures you have a clean file in case you mess something up, like transparency or something.

• Synkrasie

Alright! I never did this before but I will give it a try - thank you