Patchnotes for v. Indignant Koala 12/11/2013

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 11, 2013.

1. lmewmewl

lmewmewl Orbital Explorer

when will the next patch?

2. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

You know, i think the first quests are pretty good, may need a bit of tweaking in the text, but the lack of quests after the first boss just got me lost.

I'm aimlessly gathering resources and upgrading my gear, and wondering "what next?" i know i need to craft that robot, seems like the tier 2 boss - but i don't even know where to get the right BRAIN for that XP i tried killing an avian, but it didn't work. last time i killed an avian normally, it turned into a burger [hah!] then the next one dropped grapes? crazy stuffz.

3. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Have you tried with the brain extractor ? The finish blow must be done with it. And yeah the Progenitor phase is mostly about bug fixing and molding. The RPG content will come in future stages.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  4. DreadWolf7

DreadWolf7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The lack of quest is do to this still being in beta most likely.

5. KitFox

KitFox Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah the lack of quests right now is because the only ones implemented right now in the beta are basically just the tutorial quests. They show you how to do a few things up to making your first boss summon. The main quests and other quests have not yet been implemented for testy reasons.

The dragon's AI is not fully implemented yet so yeah he is an easier boss to beat with a gun, the tier 4 boss is going to get fleshed out a bit more as well, but everything past that point is up for huge changes and additions, they are focusing on the first few tiers for now before moving on to the upper tiers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  6. Peridius

Peridius Void-Bound Voyager

Erm... every single planet I inspect/go to is threat level 1. Help? I feel a need for an upgrade...

7. KitFox

ALL alpha sector planets are threat level 1, Beta is level 2, ect...

8. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

So sector J is level 10 :p

SpasmFingers likes this.
  9. KitFox

Well currently Sector X covers threat level 5-10. Hoping in the future each threat level gets its own sector though, and maybe a Sector Omega for end game challenge level threat.

10. Peridius

Peridius Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! So nothing's wrong. Phew.

11. MiniMagicMan

MiniMagicMan Space Spelunker

How do I go back onto star bound now because I tried to download the mod, it did not work so I deleted it but now it does not work. I have tried to uninstall it on steam but that did not help. PLEASE HELP!

12. Azreth

Azreth Poptop Tamer

I love how the patches are improving the game. Would love to see the Tier system completed. Keep up the good work!

13. johnee

johnee Aquatic Astronaut

copper seems to have become very rare... :-/

14. ghostlll1992

ghostlll1992 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i think there should be a graphics menu like terraria wher you can turn clouds off and whatnot [because my cpu is kinda crappy :( ]

15. KitFox

Have you tried using opengl mode?

Also try lowering the resolution, altering the zoom value. It helped my framerate quite well.

You are right though some more graphical options would be nice. On the other hand though, the game is not optimized fully yet, so the resource usage should actually get smaller as the beta progresses.

16. Ferengi Latinum Farmer

Ferengi Latinum Farmer Subatomic Cosmonaut

What planet are you on? Copper is the only ore that I avoid mining because it's so common.

17. KitFox

A lot of people have complained that in alpha sector that copper can be scarce compared to other ores, and becomes overly common later in the game. The same can be said for a few other ores as well though and may depend on the planet, would be nice to be able to build a planetary scanner on the ship to see different ore ratios and such for planets. (Could be a great item to use even just for testing purposes or for future ship addons and whatnot.)

Kekse and X-III like this.
  18. X-III

X-III Aquatic Astronaut

Is there a way to move water yet in the game, if I build a well can I fill it with water somehow?

19. Haloguy

Haloguy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I dont think there is any means yet but in the future it will.

20. nugnugget

nugnugget Yeah, You!

I don't think there's any buckets yet