Patchnotes for v. Indignant Koala 12/11/2013

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 11, 2013.

1. DreadWolf7

DreadWolf7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well I have seen an npc with a mage hat and robe we have robotic knights we also have birds that spit fire... Bone dragon doesn't seem out of place at all if you take the ufo boss into account as well.

2. SnapDragon

SnapDragon Void-Bound Voyager

Not if it's a robot bone dragon that you can use as a mech.

3. DreadWolf7

DreadWolf7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

That would be interesting to say the least.

4. isocryd

isocryd Void-Bound Voyager

They'll be added n the last beta stage.. Bio organic, I believe.

Tried it. Couldn't hit it. I'll try again.

DRAGONRIDER!!!

5. Sire Nukerre

Sire Nukerre Big Damn Hero

A bone dragon can be a sci-fi thing if done right but remember, with the presence of the Glitch, Florans and the Avians, the genre of sci-fi is shattered into many pieces that changed colors over time. Steampunk sci-fi, chariot-of-the-gods sci-fi (the only other example is the Rise of Legends game), many more!

Maybe a Glass Dragon would be cooler :rainbow:

6. Torch-Light

Torch-Light Orbital Explorer

i think it will be way much batter if they add some cyber parts to this dragon and it will look like ROBO or CYBER bone dragon

7. Sire Nukerre

Try guns? Grenades? Boulders? I think I killed mine with a Rocket Launcher I found.

It hurts to kill your pet to recall them, and it's a bit scary using it in Multiplayer. They're probably gonna fix this as they're not official pets yet (doesn't occupy a pet slot unless I'm missing something).

8. Haliburton

Haliburton Master Chief

Their job is to take cues from their fanbase. If the majority of gamers have an issue with a part of the game, they should adapt the game. Don't tell me to relax, when I was already hot shot.

Torch-Light and iamagrapeman like this.
  9. iamagrapeman

iamagrapeman Subatomic Cosmonaut

You say most suggestions aren't taken from the Devs, implying they take some suggestions; then you tell someone who has given a valid suggestion (e.g. one that wasn't bad mannered or came from a place of entitlement) and tell them to stop giving suggestions. Does not compute.

10. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Everything is supposed to be magic...until someone discovers the science trick x)

Entirely cybernetic would be great. Bone is bone, thus it will remain a dragon nonetheless x)

11. Sire Nukerre

lol, I accidentally threw the entire Inactive Robot into the trash xD There goes my progress

12. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I think than we will be able to build new part of the ship to make it bigger, not with the building material.
    A real dragon would be a little less magic.

13. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

i have to say, the initial weapons do look more balanced. I had the chance to try one of the "crappy" weapons, a spear, and it did more damage than my glitch's starter sword. I was also lucky to find a merchant ship anchored on my very first planet! I built a crazy tall bunch of dirt until i reached it, looted every container [thanks for not making them aggressive for looting their stuff!!!] bought a simple gun, and found an EYE SWORD, whatever it was called.

That thing is either extremely OP, or just made me lucky enough. Its damage isn't that high, a lowly FIVE... But it also blows some red smoke in three directions with each swing. If the sword and the smoke hits, the total damage is 10, and alone, each puff gives about 3 damage. It may seem little, but i found it on a tier 1 planet, and it's best side is the range. I was able to give damage to things INSIDE buildings, through doors, just by slapping my face on said door, and swinging the sword. The puffs would appear inside the building. Sounds like me abusing a glitch, but collision sometimes is limited, right? I'm sure more people abused this kind of glitch within other games as well.

Right now, i'm ok in the tier 1 planets, but am a complete failture at tier 2 planets. Seems like i need the materials to jump to the next level... So, i either dig further, or go towards other planets, right? I wonder how deep it is safe to dig. I barely found anything by digging DOWN, compared to digging close to the surface.

14. Izchi

Izchi Tentacle Wrangler

but.. shouldnt the unrefined wood turn into charcoal instead...? lol

15. lemonrev

lemonrev Subatomic Cosmonaut

Has anyone tried to kill tier 4 boss ?.

I think the only thing that really needs to be added is some type of information about how to get the objects for the bosses, And understand that the object that drops from bosses can only be used in one thing, i know this is durable if you look around everywhere,

The items once used to summon bosses disappears this can be trouble sum for those higher level bosses since the amount of pixels required to summon or even buy the object from the correct store is somewhat conic that if you fail then you have to spend the entire next hour mining again.

btw if you attack the dragon from a pit with only a tiny slit for an arrow you can attack just by standing directly under the dragon and getting free shots off at it till it dies, its a little boring to do so but it gets the job done :p

16. michealv

michealv Industrial Terraformer

I've just killed the T3 boss, such a pushover.

17. Chappa

Chappa Astral Cartographer

No you see, changes like "Make silver more visable" or "Make pickaxes mine faster" are suggestions made by Vechs, that were put in the game, because they are possible and easy suggestions.

Saying "Make the game harder, with these kinds of monsters, this, should be added, and this..." is a game changer, it isn't possible to make everybody happy with these kind of changes.

18. Chappa

Chappa Astral Cartographer

Their job is to make their OWN game, they're not getting payed for listening to you.

Colton, The-Bard and Miles like this.
  19. SpasmFingers

SpasmFingers Void-Bound Voyager

looking for someone to play with

20. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

The Suggestions section exists for you to forward your suggestions to the development team. After discussions between myself and a few of the developers, it is arranged in such a way as to best benefit what they need to get from the section. This is exactly what the devs said

Haliburton likes this.