Patchnotes for v. Indignant Koala 12/11/2013

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Tsuky

Tsuky Starship Captain

Guys, has anyone found Ocarina instrument jet?

2. ReticentGrace

ReticentGrace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Until they 'work' on them, what helps me when I'm caught by a big bad is to see if I can't trap them in a dirt box before they murderlate me; I leave a tiny hole in the top and shoot them in the face with arrows for like...5 minutes straight. :p It's a weenie move, but it works!

3. rebecca armstrong

rebecca armstrong Void-Bound Voyager

yep iv found 3 so far in sector 1 infact iv found loads of instruments ... i didnt even know u could play them till yesterday the drums are the best dif sizes do dif sounds too when you press E on them wooot

shame the guitar ocarina and a few others iv found only play 1 track atm would be gd if they played the game sound tracks too using there sounds ... midi are easy to do so id expect more later on when they start polishing the game for version 1

4. Tsuky

Tsuky Starship Captain

You do not happend to remember the numbers of the planet location? I found some instruments myself, but no Ocarina so far and I would like to get one for myself.

5. Sire Nukerre

Sire Nukerre Big Damn Hero

Actually, the instruments don't use exactly .midi files (wait for shock) per se. The instruments use some .abc files (wait for confusion) which are music files containing some kind of alien language (music language) that works like music sheets. You can open these files up in Notepad to see what I mean. If you do some searches up on Google, you can find .abc files to download anywhere.

The place you would find the default Canon in D music files and would place other .abc files you've downloaded is in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\songs

Should be there.

TL;DR You can download/make your own .abc file, put it in that folder and play that song!

rebecca armstrong likes this.
  6. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah but you can hardly compare any 3D material with a pixelart related game.
    The animations linked to weaponry in Starbound are kinda off for some of them : take the hunting "knife" for instance, it looks like the character is forced to hold it under the armpit ! :p Wasn't expecting that much from "heavy" weaponry x).

7. Jokewd

Jokewd Space Hobo

BIRDS OF HELL!

8. DreTaX

DreTaX Space Hobo

9. MarsAres2011

MarsAres2011 Space Spelunker

When will the Novakids be added?

10. isocryd

isocryd Void-Bound Voyager

I captured a two-mouthed dude that spits fire, but I didn't know how to unsummon him and now he's stuck in my ship... :I

11. Sire Nukerre

Kill it :( Also, don't summon it on your ship if you have other civilians on your ship (villagers, chef, guards, etc), your little pokemon will attempt to murder them.

Don't worry, his death will transport it back into the capsule which you can pick up and throw to summon it again

12. Tsuky

Tsuky Starship Captain

13. Ninjawa

Ninjawa Void-Bound Voyager

I waited a LONG time. I sat waiting for several hours, and it still didn't load.

14. degrassinoel

degrassinoel Intergalactic Tourist

Just curious, is it possible or will it be, to be able to expand the ship with building materials at a later point in the game?

15. rammur

rammur Aquatic Astronaut

Need to also patch something so we can untick the codex ectries gets confusing when they always say new.

16. Prymael

Prymael Big Damn Hero

17. rebecca armstrong

i dont it was on my first area ... but i left there as almost all the boxes that had crap in them had pulse jump too lol .. i do have eye bed chest and table tho from that planet not like i will ever use them

but i found it in a the flower village that was on the moon of it tho

i didnt know everyones universe was the same till i checked just now after u asked for the location ... iv just been like locus hopping from 1 planet to the next consuming every natural resource then moving not really having a home

but if it helps they were all in starter sector i haven even ventured to the beta 1 yet

[Edit]

well if it helps in the system should be 1 on the second planet and on 1 of the moons around the gas planet with 4 of them

X::+90241917

Y:: -95558635

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  18. rebecca armstrong

cool thank u for correcting me might learn how to write in that so me and my friends can make our own tracks

wonder if its like the 3210 ringtone maker program as that was text based i wrote the futurama tune in that tuck abit to get right but im sure it will be fun making all sorts

19. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

Very interesting, I knew that they were written hey abc. Files, didn't actually know you you could write them :). (Bye guys I'm eating pie so be jealous) ;)

20. Sire Nukerre

Currently, nope. But it's super-early beta and they're planning to put that in. You can dismantle the walls in your ship and replace it if you wish xD

degrassinoel likes this.