1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Past day 12 and still no pet

Discussion in 'Support' started by TalviLaulu, Feb 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TalviLaulu

TalviLaulu Void-Bound Voyager

I'm on Spring 16 and I just saw that you're supposed to receive your pet on the 12th? I chose cat as my favorite animal as well, if that has anything to do with it. I know many others have had this issue and got their pet on random days, so is there perhaps a different trigger for it other than being on day 12?

Faeryheart likes this.
    • lefiath

lefiath Void-Bound Voyager

Same thing here, day 18 and still nothing - you're supposed to get it on random day, according to this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/405692758710999007/

But I wish there was a definitive answer to whenever it's a bug, since in that case I'll have to restart, or if I just need to wait. Because if I'm supposed to throw away those hours of gameplay, I don't want to add more and invest myself even further if it turns out something is broken.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
      • TalviLaulu

TalviLaulu Void-Bound Voyager

According to the Stardew Valley Wiki, You're meant to receive it on Day 12 of Spring in your first year. I am now in Fall of year 2 and did receive my pet on a random day just like that discussion said. I did end up getting mine around the 20-25th of Spring Year 1 and my sister even got it before the 12th unlike it said. I hear many have gotten it in Summer and so on and so forth.

I figure it is a bug but you will receive it eventually. However, with 1.05 Patch this perhaps has been fixed? Maybe even for those who have still not received their pet, but I can't say there. So if you still haven't gotten yours, just give it some more in-game days and you might soon!