Modding Discussion Participate in a Survey on Modding and Modders

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tankgirl1996, Nov 12, 2018.

1. tankgirl1996

tankgirl1996 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi Stardew Valley Modders,

My name is Nicoletta Tancred and as part of a Ph.D. research study, we would like to invite individuals above the age of 18 to participate in a survey on your experiences as a modder. The survey should take between 15-30 minutes of your time. You will also be asked to answer questions about your experiences in modding and some questions on your motivations behind your modding practices. In return for participating, you will have the chance to win a 12-month subscription to Humble Bundle valued at $132 AUD.

If you are interested in taking part in this study, please follow the link and complete the survey to the best of your ability. If you have any further questions on the survey or future research please feel free to contact me here or at my email n.tancred@qut.edu.au. You will be provided with further detail prior to participating to ensure your decision and consent to participate is fully informed.

Thank you so much!

Please Note: If you could share this with others who might be interested it would be appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CJ8FKQ2

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

is this a violation of the tos? also this survey would not be able to be used in any sort of publication as there is 0 control over the authenticity of the data

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Zosa Not that I know of; which terms do you think it might violate?

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Is this official, I mean trusted or something?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Moor Al-Malik It's a research survey for modders by a PhD student at the Queensland University of Technology. The survey itself looks legitimate; the author's profile at the University lists a gaming-related conference paper, the email provided is hosted by the University, the survey questions are relevant, and providing personal information is optional. It's not officially endorsed by Chucklefish or ConcernedApe if that's what you mean, though.

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
            • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

nevermind, i looked it back up as it has been a while and chucklefish's official stand is that it is up to the poster to self-moderate in instances where us law is not being directly violated

even so though it is self-reporting by persons who are not screened beforehand(that is they could be anyone lying for a lark and noone but them will know about it). there is also concern that the data used will suffer a base rate fallacy issue(of course that is always a concern even with proper measure-taking)

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

That is good then. As long as it has a good purpose we don't have to worry anything about it.