Modding Help Paritee's BFAV Jan 4th Unofficial Update Help

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LykoTheReticent, Jan 27, 2021.

1. LykoTheReticent

LykoTheReticent Intergalactic Tourist

Hello,

Regarding Paritee's BFAV, I am having a strange issue where some of my Griffins and Lung Dragons from their respective BFAV mods are showing up as they're supposed to, and some are showing up as cows. So far, it seems that my griffins and dragons from about a week ago are fine, but any that I try to purchase new from Marnie show up as cows after I buy them. The old Griffins and Lung Dragons are giving me the correct items, but any new ones that appear as cows are simply giving me milk.

I downloaded the unofficial BFAV update posted by KelvinParkour here:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3296?tab=posts on January 4th. It was working fine until last night.

The log: https://smapi.io/log/c6398c0258ac40c1857ad070ab75314f

The error text I get when going to sleep at night (this is the only time I see error text):

[Paritee's BetterFarm Animal Variety] The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    [Paritee's BetterFarm Animal Variety] This mod failed in the GameLoop.Saving event.
    Technical details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException:The given key was not present in the dictionary. atBetterFarmAnimalVariety.ModEntry.HandleKeyNotFoundException(KeyNotFoundException
    exception) in C:\Users\kelvi\Desktop\..Source\BFAV\BetterFarmAnimalVariety\ModEntry.cs:line
    148 atBetterFarmAnimalVariety.ModEntry.OnSaving(Object sender, SavingEventArgs e) in C:\Users\kelvi\Desktop\..Source\BFAV\BetterFarmAnimalVariety\ModEntry.cs:line 123
    atStardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgsargs, Func`2 match) in
    C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 125

I have tried:

1) Reinstalling the Lung Dragon and Griffin mods. They appear to have no updates, but I tried anyway.
    2) Reinstalling the BFAV unofficial mod, above.
    3) Seeing if anything specifically triggers the change, but I have not identified anything in-game or any mods except for Trent's, possibly (see #4).
    4) Deleting Trent's New Animals, a mod I downloaded a few days ago that also wasn't working well. I purchased an armadillo, but it showed up as a cow. It seems that Trent's New Animals might have somehow interfered with BFAV, but I'm not sure how.

The only other mod I have that does anything with animals is Elle's New Barn Animals, but this mod is still functioning as intended and I haven't had any errors regarding it.

I am not sure where I should go from here. Thank you for any help or advice you can give!

• kec602

kec602 Void-Bound Voyager

Did you ever find an answer to this?

• TheresaBrooks

TheresaBrooks Space Hobo

Have you found the answer?