1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Pandora's Box (Legacy) V4.0.2-Final

This aims to add variations to unique monsters, add uniques of it's own, and other little tweaks!

1. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

Ok so, I just checked out my hoverbikes on my end, and there is nothing wrong with em. I spawned in every single one, and destroyed them. The thing that is somehow crashing you isn't occuring on my end... there has to be some sort of mod confliction, is the only thing I can think of. (And I can't even see your mod list in that log... so my hands are pretty much tied. :/)

2. Azure Ghost

Azure Ghost Big Damn Hero

I'm sorry. It was a mistake on my end. I was placing the unzipped "pandorasbox3.0" folder inside the mods instead of "pandorasbox" sub folder. That fixed it. Your mod is now working perfectly. Sorry for waiting your time. Thanks for the help though.

3. ManicRykker

4. ManicRykker

No problem at all! Glad you got your issue sorted out. :rofl:

Also, just pushed a minor bugfix though that was reported to me yesterday. (Hate it when I botch that thing up... rofl)

5. Azure Ghost

Azure Ghost Big Damn Hero

The addition of monster field guide is very helpful. I thought I'd look up glitchtop's data to find it's weakness. Loved what I found. Keep making such awesome mods.

6. ManicRykker

ManicRykker updated Pandora's Box with a new update entry:

Pandora's Box V3.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow this looks really cool, but I've got a few questions.

How well does this mod play with Frackin Universe? I'm kinda worried the sheer number of monster types combined with FU's menagerie will make it impossible to find anything specific.

Also, does this address vanilla Starbound's problem of pets being weak to the point of uselessness, or should I keep running a pet boosting mod alongside it?

Finally (and this is a bit of an odd one), does this make the game's load time take a hit? I've already got to wait about 5 min for the thing to start as is, I'd rather not make it 10.

8. ManicRykker

Pandora's Box V3.1.1

9. ManicRykker

For the first question, it's compatible with Frackin Universe. The mod doesn't touch Frackin's biomes either, and I patch the vanilla biomes, so there shouldn't be any conflictions.

Pandora's Box does provide a boost to the vanilla unique monsters, yes. They have increases to their base health, and a small base regen across the board. (and those are just general changes. Many of them also get changes to their base stats, and changes to their attack patterns in some cases.) And even when combat isn't on the table for monsters, I've been in the process of making various monsters harvestable, so they'll still have a purpose if not used in combat.

Many monsters also have heavy resistances to various elements, so some are better suited for some scenarios than others.

Well as stated in the update I just pushed, I just switched this branch over to pak due to the mod's increasing size.. So that should help. (We're also not even close to Frackin's filesize if you were curious about that :rofl:)

EDIT: Though it has been removed from the changenotes, you may still see it in the archive's changelog so: Ignore the bit about Toxix being removed from Alien biomes. I changed my mind and forgot to remove that line from the changelog. :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  10. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

You should rename contents.pak to pandorasbox.pak

11. ManicRykker

For this branch I probably should yeah... May do so next update. (Right now it was more of a on-the-whim change to make things a little easier to handle when updating. I'm also used to pushing it as is due to it being as such on the Steam Workshop. lol)

Until then, folks can just rename the mod to Pandoras-Box when they download it.

ChronoHyperion likes this.
  12. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Okay, thanks.

13. NaturesWitness

Decided to give this a try, seems great so far. One question, what's the object name for the grab bag, so I can debug one in for my preexisting characters?

14. ManicRykker

Well *technically* you don't really need it. Anything you'd get from it you can eventually craft, or get from Shoptop. (Ie Shoptop's an empty handed craftable.)

I think the id is pandorasboxstarterbag I think though... there's an id thread somewhere on the workshop branch

15. NaturesWitness

I found it in your documentation, it is indeed pandorasboxstarterbag.
    Might be a good idea to list that in the mod description page, so people can "test run" this mod more easily to see if it's to their taste. As this is a mod that can only be safely tried out by doing a player and universe backup, it might be helpful to people who might be hesitant to give it a shot otherwise.

Also, kudos for the detailed documentation, probably the best I've ever seen in a mod.

Finally, I'm assuming there's no chance of a Rabite in game, since it's from another game series? It's the fluffy little critter in my Avatar, in case you don't know.

EDIT - Finally, I love the interactive monster codex, but you might want to add a note to it saying you use the movement keys and jump key to interact with it. I spent a few minutes clicking on the every point on the window before I figured that out. Also, an icon-based chart to select a monster would be nice, rather than paging through everything. Listing elemental strengths and weaknesses would also be cool.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  16. ManicRykker

I may look into doing that in it's description if it'll fit yea.

And yea, I probably won't be adding monsters from other games :rofl:...

And yeah I do understand what you mean. Pandora's Box is ultimately being designed as a keystone mod with the kind of teatures it has. (It's designed to be used in assets long term, and not just temporarily :rofl:)

Also there is a Q&A that should answer any basic questions they would have. (It's always packed in with the mod's archive on here, and there's a thread for it on the workshop branch.)

17. ManicRykker

Pandora's Box V3.2

18. ManicRykker

19. NaturesWitness

I just noticed, I don't seem to have the custom collections for this showing up, even though I have FU installed. Here's a log if it helps, maybe it's a conflict with something?

Attached Files:

20. ManicRykker