Tool PAKit - The simple graphical tool for .pak files

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by OBAN, Apr 22, 2018.

1. OBAN

OBAN Scruffy Nerf-Herder

pakit.ibraheemrodrigues.com
    [​IMG]
    Introducing PAKit, the easy to use, graphical tool for working with .pak files. No more fussing around on the command line!

Available for Windows, MacOS and Linux (Ubuntu/Debian). All you need is a Starbound installation.

View the guide and download here.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  2. KyugaSoul

KyugaSoul Space Hobo

Antivirus deleted this file after trying to install it for containing malware so I don't know if that was just a false positive or what. malware.png

3. HugeGuns

HugeGuns Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could just be a false positive. In VirusTotal only Avast and Cylance flagged them.

4. OBAN

OBAN Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Judging by the fact that it is a file rep issue, you antivirus likely picks up on PAKit because it is not a well known program (I'm not at the stage where I can sign my programs with a certificate etc.). Most likely a false positive, but if you are worried about you security your can compile from source

5. PistolRcks

PistolRcks Void-Bound Voyager

Neat program! While I can see its usefulness, I probably won't use it (because I don't pack/unpack often). Great work, though, and I would like to see more from you!

6. MartyHB

MartyHB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the link to the file is dead sooooo...i cant download it....:nurusad:

7. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

8. Kolljak

Kolljak Void-Bound Voyager

Tool looks neato i tried to dl it one link dead other goes to trojan virus site that begins to spam me with false "windows" alerts to get me to click and get a virus.

9. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtvokfk3l3cguwu/PAK_GUI.7z?dl=0

Here is the packing/unpacking tool I use. It doesnt look as fancy, but it works

10. OBAN

OBAN Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It seems my domain had expired. I've moved the site to a subdomain of my personal website, all should be good now!

pakit.ibraheemrodrigues.com

11. Vanillin

Vanillin Void-Bound Voyager

Dont work

12. TheMLGBraixen

TheMLGBraixen Yeah, You!

Thank you so much! This tool is a life saver, I used it to remove the item id conflicts between TESBound and Frackin' Universe!
    Simple and easy to use, thank you again!

13. harimauputih

harimauputih Scruffy Nerf-Herder

website is down, where can I get this tool now? I lost it during PC formatting..

14. That1Rand0mChannel

That1Rand0mChannel Industrial Terraformer

Website seems up to me, maybe check again.