OOC P: (Hello_World)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Mercenary Lord, Jun 13, 2013.

1. The Numbers
    Lucama221
    t=156

nababoo
    t=152

Shadow|
    t=145

Draken09
    t=140

Palladion
    t=136

Ikbenbeter
    t=133

Unit 06
    t=111

Celestial
    t=105

-----------

Blackleaf
    t=104

Torol
    t=102

ziberoo
    t-102

Torang12
    t=102

Britefire
    t=96

Ysbry
    t=87

Alaizia Darkstart
    t=54

GravityFlux
    t=51

Spire
    t=41
    The first line marks who is accepted and who isn't. Thanks for all of you being patient.

triple post fuck yeah

2. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Goddamnit i was rewriting my application >_>

3. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Well i just spent an hour or so making a final aptempt to resolve my application.
    Altough im kicked im still posting my application here so people can see it.
    (( Apperently making it gave Celestial 2 more points though. Not sure why excactly. ))

Character application for Hello_World.

Name: Samuel Blackleaf (( Nickname: Sam ))

Apperance: Samuel is a average lenght and average weight 17 year old.
    He has red hair wich is rather messy and not really in any sort of hairstyle.
    While he does have a very small scar over his left eye he has no other really distinguishing features when it comes to his face.
    Only expection to that whould be that he has blue eyes.
    When it comes to clothes he wears a black jacket and underneath that a either black or red shirt.
    His pants are a sort of jeans that people still manage to make even after the apocalypse, Altough without zippers and other technological parts.
    He wears Brownish black shoes and sometimes a black hat.

Personality: Samuel is a caucious and obeservant person. He can best be described as a loner but that doesn't mean he entirely avoids people.
    He generarly doesn't speak unless asked something but when it comes to people he know and trust he can be quite reliable.
    He's quite determined and generarly trustworthy. However not entirely. He is known as quite a deceiver.
    However its not that he prefers to lie or deceive to cheat himself past things. Its often more to prove a point or display skill.
    He is highly cynical against people and he tends to ignore social norms about politeness and such.
    When it comes to actual skill within different areas he is both a scholar and a fighter,
    He knows alot about old world history and new world history aswell. And when it comes to fighting he is a rather good swordsman aswell.
    His weakness lies in naivete,bad temper,personal opinions and principals above reason and being quite anti social.
    He's not a bad person but neither whould he even consider himself a good one either.

History: (( Written from first person journal because making a description did not work. ))
    " Writing a journal may not be the most unique thing to do but it's sensible atleast. Im gonna need something to preserve my thoughts in.
    For this first entry ill provide a bit of a story, a story of how i got where i am at the time of writing and who i am.
    My name is Samuel Blackleaf. And yes, Blackleaf is not a real name. When this apocalypse came a few centuries ago people didn't really like foreigners in the new world.
    Changing your name was one way to avoid that and just that is what my family did.

I grew up in south Ictha, In a small fishing village. Ofcourse all of Ictha is one giant fishing based civilization.
    Either way there's not much to write about when it comes to when i was young.
    However when i was 10 my mother died from sickness. After that i spent most of my time with my old grandpa.
    He had a strange interest in the old world, He had several books and recreations of old relics in his home.
    My grandfather used to be a traveling explorer and scholar, When he started growing old he settled down in Itcha.
    Where my family lived before that my parents never talked about. My grandfather said that it was in the area around Ohlis.
    Ofcourse nobody really likes Ohlis anymore. Its in a bloody state of anarchy wich is annoying the other nations and half of the people who live there are treasure hunters looking for this so called "Magic".
    My grandfather was actuly one of these treasure hunters once. However he actuly searched for the location of this magic. 80% of everyone who comes to Ohlis is just an idiot thinking he will stumle upon a sealed vault filled with magic or something along those lines.

Anyway eventuly my grandpa gave up the search and journeyed down south to Ictha.
    Now back to me, After my mother died my father demanded i worked more, Now i never was a fan of fishing or generarly any work that was avaible in Ictha.
    Nothing really motivated me enough that i wanted to do it, Except for studying.
    I was and i still am a huge fan of the old world's history.
    Books,Pictures,Relics,Etc.
    There is so much people just think we should ignore there. Personaly i think its goddamn madness to just forget about the old world.

When i turned 17 bad things happened to me.
    My grandfather died, He had been on his deathbed a while so it wasn't entirely unexpected. But it was still shocking.

After the old man died he left behind a whole house full of history.
    And ofcourse the goddamn idiots back in my hometown didnt care. They didnt give a damn about the magic of Ohlis or the history or really anything that wasnt fishing or their ordinary life.
    Now on his deathbed my grandfathers interest in the magic resurfaced. Ofcourse a dying man cant walk to Ohlis, But i can.
    I left the village 3 months ago and im making the expedition north.
    Nobody knows about this appart from my grandfather and he took the secret to the grave.
    My family,neighbors and friends think that i just journeyed to the neighboring city.
    Idiots.
    Hopefully they will think i was attacked by bandits or something.
    I have more important things to do than live down there. There's something in Ohlis, Something important.
    And if my grandfather failed at obtaining it then the least i can do is aptempt to obtain it myself. Its what he wanted and i wont rest until i know the truth about this magic.
    That is a promise. "

4. weell cant join them all, its probably best if I dont play this one.

5. Torol

Torol Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cool.
    Have fun guys.

Unit 06 likes this.
  6. http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/p-hello_world.24559/

I should probably explain. The VR Complex has multiple different rooms with VR pods, and it spreads under a very wide area. The characters will actually meet each other in the Virtual World, before the physical.

So basically, each character can find their own VR Pod room first, and then later seek out the others.

However, I'm perfectly fine with a few exposition posts from each person. If you want to introduce your character, or have a few people that know each other for one reason or another, I'm fine with that.

Draken09 likes this.
  7. Unit 06

Unit 06 Big Damn Hero

Wahoo! :DD I'll work on my first post... eventually.

8. Spire

Spire Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I didn't really expect to get in.

9. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Just passing by to say that I'm certainly expecting more of this. Much, muuuuuch more.

Also Shadow you spelled Ichtha wrong *runs*

10. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

:eek: I actually have no idea how I did that... Ah well, all fixed.

11. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

EDIT: Also, because Lucama grumped at me, all i'm asking is that the characters get into the tunnels of the Complex, not actually find the VR rooms.

kthx

12. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Woah... Palladion, that was kinda dark. And more thought provoking that the vast majority of what I've seen so far as an RPer. (Totaling in mere months, but still.)

13. Spire

Spire Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, T is like a golf score right?
    The lower it is, the bet-
    You know what?
    Nevermind.

Draken09 likes this.
  14. good job everyone yea yea

15. Lucama221

Lucama221 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's actually quite tame. A good post, showing off the character's insanity/thirst for power (they're the same in my book) and why she would just kill a group of bandits, but not all that dark.

16. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

I mainly meant how close it came to the violence. It did a great job of implying the brutality while leaving the details to the imagination- one of the most powerful tools for a writer, in my opinion. Though you're right, there has been worse.

17. Lucama221

Lucama221 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've written worse.

18. Unit 06

Unit 06 Big Damn Hero

I've seen worse. Much worse. The things you see when RPing on WoW... *Shivers* :zombie:

19. Shadow|

Shadow| The Number of the Minibeast

I'm working on it, planned that for at least the third post. I like background stuff, sorry.
    My mind is a scary place, I don't like to be there. But then I have no choice in the matter. I do my best to not impose my own imagination on others.

20. aight peeps, so whoever hasnt gotten to the complex yet, please do. I want Vicetwo to get to say hello

:3

Draken09 likes this.