1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue (Oversight?) No 3D print able Oven

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Dander.1981, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Dander.1981

Dander.1981 Subatomic Cosmonaut

No oven* in the game is 3D print able or any way craft able. Only method of acquirement is through dungeon/settlement theft, buying from a random merchant** or admin spawnitem command.

* fireplace excluded
    ** VERY Rare

2. Dander.1981

Dander.1981 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had a look in the assets or more specifically apexoven.object and have found the root of the problem.

First thing I noticed (by comparing with other object files) was that the "printable" : true/false line were missing. But with some experimenting I learned that the default value is true if line is missing. Which supports my notion that the author did not intend ovens to be unprintable.

The problem is the category value! The 3D printer do not have a category tab for crafting objects. Which means that the bug/issue is with the printer UI have missing tabs!

A temporary fix players can do, is to change the category value to furniture or decorative on all none-craftable crafting stations that do not have the "printable" : false line.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Shadox2.0 and Monario like this.
  3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yes but imo its not the only one problem , someone said white rarity flower wasnt craftable too , so maybe the line is missing too for some item.