1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Bug/Issue Outpost Issue

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Max17, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Max17

Max17 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I was testing a race mod in nightly, but I had already gone through about half of the game to see what will be new. So apparently everything I had unlocked in the Outpost in the save I went halfway through, including the Keystones and NPCs you get after recieving them, was unlocked for the character I was testing. I created a new default character to see if it was the custom race's issue, but it wasn't, everything from that save was unlocked for that character too.

2. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

confused. I don't really see the problem.

if it was a custom race from the normal starbound chances are it might have some problems in the nightly build.
    if it was a custom race built for the nightly...chances are it'll also have some problems because nightly can have big changes each day.

What race are you using?

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

If you unlock things on the outpost they will carry over to other characters. I don't know if this will be changed or if it will stay like this.

~ Iris ~

4. Julkson

Julkson Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you delete your universe files, the outpost gets reset. Maybe one of those files is dedicated to the outpost, and you could just delete that one, but I don't know if that would mess with your characters.

5. Max17

Sorry for the late reply, but I was using a test build of a race mod "Familiars" to look for any errors or mistakes for the creator. To clarify, I made a new character that wasn't custom, but it still carried over all Outpost unlocks such as all shops being opened instead of closed, Treasured Trophies is near the Ark teleport, and the 3 Keystones I got were in the door.

Deleting universe files wouldn't mess with characters. Players and worlds are completely separated, and I think the issue is that they forgot to make different universes use different Outposts, so it just merges it with all characters.

6. Iris Blanche

Every character share the same universe. There is only one. The outpost information seem to be stored inside the universe.dat

~ Iris ~

7. Max17

Then I guess when they were merging file types, they didn't make each character have their own Outpost. If this change was intentional, I wouldn't really want to make a new character since everything in the Outpost would be unlocked right at the get-go, and deleting the universe folder, or resetting it, wouldn't really be a nice thing to do since all characters would share it. Hopefully this isn't the case and that it's just unintentional from making a bunch of changes to how the files work.

8. Julkson

I remember someone saying that it was intentional, because when you are playing in single player, the game still creates a server, and a client connecting to it. Maybe they did it to avoid having separate code for SP and MP.

9. Iris Blanche

For the storyline at least you have to do all the things anyway. I personally consider it somewhat like "new game +"

~ Iris ~

10. Julkson

I didi the experiment and deleted the universe.dat file. It indeed reset the outpost, but apparently it didn't reset the main quests. I also lost all my bookmarks, teleport and flag locations, but I don't know if it was because I deleted that file, or it was some patch.

Edit: also, I opened it with notepad, and it only had an uid and some outpost flags, so I don't think it would mess anything too badly

11. Iris Blanche

So tested a bit around and it is intended. But you don't need to delete the file. You can use the command "/resetuniverseflags" which resets the outpost. But it does not reset the quests and bookmarks will be kept too.
    I don't have any clue what else is resetted too!

~ Iris ~

Julkson likes this.