Outdated

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by The | Suit, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The same way the object is added in page 29

2. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

you're talking about the eBook right?

3. The | Suit

yes

4. Desolator

ok, i've been checking out your eBook, and I've done everything up to pg 32. When I tried to open starbound to see if it works, i get this error message and the game stops working. the image of the error message is below, the link to pastebin for my starbound log is here: http://pastebin.com/dBbkqRE3 and here is my player.config file (i've also added my mod.info file in as well just in case)

Attached Files:

5. The | Suit

You won't figure out your mistake if I keep telling you the problem.
    So we will try something new.

Mostly because you did the same mistake as before.

The mistake is in player.config
    The starbound error log you provided mentions there is an error on a closing the dataset.
    It even tells you the line. Anytime it says there is an error for closing a dataset either using a bracket or comma.
    You should check that line and the line above.

So read the starbound.log provided and take a look where it says.
    If you need another hint

6. Desolator

Yeah, I hear you, it's that I've been looking through everything for about an hour or so and I just needed a little bit of a push in the right direction, thats all. If I have been bothering you with these questions, I apologise

7. The | Suit

It isn't a problem - but you didn't learn from the same mistake you did previously
    as shown in the spoiler. If it was a different mistake understandable.

8. Desolator

Right now I'm looking at lines 4 AND 14 of my player.config file and by looking at the error log it says "should be '"' at 14:4". But the thing is, I don't see any extra " or missing ". Here is an image of the player.config file.
    NOTE: It's about 12:30 right now as I'm writing this:zzz:
    EDIT: Just noticed something weird. You say that it has something to do with a comma, but in the starbound.log it says that is should be a ". I am seriously confused right now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  9. The | Suit

Anytime it gives an error saying anything about a bracket or comma. You should look at the line it gives the error and the previous line. So in this case look at line 13. If you need help look at the spoiler again, and read what i mentioned.

If you need further help read the tips on the end of the first post here
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...d-errors-fixing-most-problems-yourself.69198/

10. Desolator

Ok, I just needed to clear that up. I'll check it out tomorrow. Right now I'm :zzz:

11. lyra

lyra Title Not Found

Problems I have so far.
    Once it started explaining merging, I got completely lost. You should have stuck with modifying the furnace file so we could have a better example on whatever the hell merging is...
    On page 20, it says the light is coming from the top right, and depth on the left, when it seems to be the other way around on the image.

12. The | Suit

Ya that was actually just an Image I made in gimp to show easiest way of creating an image.
    But you are right I will add a default image from the vanilla files to show. [ But light does come from right and shadow is on left - maybe I should mention its your right and not the objects right? that would probably be the confusion ]

The reason I avoided stone furnace is because I wanted to avoid heat status effect and particle emitters. Or people would be confused and think they are required. So I choose something that is more of a bare bones object.

I am not sure which merge tutorial you are talking about.
    Since there are 2 inside. One is a bare bones example in the front of the book. The one in the back [ reference - check your PDF bookmarks ] is the more detailed example.

13. Desolator

ok the mod has worked. sort of... I go in to starbound ( it now works ) I go into all of the crafting tables (metalwork station etc.) but I only see my tier 1 weapon, the damaged Axe.

14. The | Suit

Ya - that is actually an issue with the game. In order to see any items passed tier 1 which has been added. You have to Unlock that tier again. Using the Tier unlocker item you have crafted.

15. The | Suit

Also can you explain "where" and "how you got lost"
    So I can fix it to be more understandable.

16. Desolator

is there anything like tier 5 and onwards unlocker?

17. The | Suit

There are 4 tiers after 4. Level 33 , 34 , 35 , 36. [Something like that] - No 5 > 32.
    These "Levels" are from when starbound was using the 100 level system.

You have to use the special item to unlock each one manually. Even though the numbers are sequential - they are not related.
    In other words if you wanted you could unlock those in any order. 36 33 35 34 and it wouldn't make a difference.

These "unlocker" items are found in your
    Code:
    [unpacked assets] / item / generic / celestial folder

18. Desolator

so that means no lvl 5, 6 ,7, 8, 9 etc. unlocker?

19. The | Suit

20. Ultimate sandvich

Ultimate sandvich Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have found an error: on page 18 you give some examples for a factor of 8, but 54 and 62 aren't factors of 8 it must be 56 and 64 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.