1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated [Outdated] Planetside Teleporters 2.11

Configurable teleporters for warping from place to place on a planet or ship.

1. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

Hmm, seems like an error that occasionally pops up with pak-based mods. Make sure the game launches fine with no mods installed, and then see if it launches with just Planetside Teleporters. Also, are you on the Unstable branch?

2. Damiano de' Caretti

Damiano de' Caretti Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry,but it seems the game won't start up just with the modification in question...and,may I ask what is the unstable branch supposed to be?

3. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

But it does start without the mod, right? It doesn't seem like it should be causing this error...
    The unstable branch lets you try updates before they've been fully tested. If you haven't opted-in through Steam, you shouldn't be on it, which is good, because I don't test mods against it. I don't think I've heard about it receiving any new updates, though.

Go ahead and verify integrity of Starbound's game cache through Steam, to make sure something wonky didn't happen to it, and re-download Planetside Teleporters to make sure it's up-to-date. If that doesn't fix it, I can't imagine that this mod is causing the problem.

4. Damiano de' Caretti

It is up to date indeed,anyway I got to wait 3 or 4 years before taking Starbound from Steam...so I can't make the integrity verification...if without any modifications it works,why is this modification the only one that makes the game crash even before starting it,may I ask?

5. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

... isn't Starbound currently only available through Steam? Do you not have a legitimate copy of Starbound?

6. Damiano de' Caretti

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  7. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

Wow. If you have an illegitimate copy of a game, or any piece of software, you can't expect it to work exactly as it should, and you definitely shouldn't try to get others to help you when you encounter problems. There's no way to know what issues might exist solely in your copy of the game, and you waste the time of anyone who assumes you're using the same version as everyone else.

I'm pretty confident that this error will go away if you get a legitimate copy of the game, like everyone else who isn't getting the error. You may not have a means to purchase it on your own, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone who will help you buy it. Until then, please don't expect others to be able to help you with problems.

Damiano de' Caretti likes this.
  8. TheSSVids

TheSSVids Big Damn Hero

Honestly, this mod is too easy. It is a nice concept, but the recipes are too easy.

9. Damiano de' Caretti

If they're too much easy...well,you could change the crafting in your game,and if you whish the proper modification to be harder,ask the author Vaeux...

10. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

"Too easy" might be a bit of an understatement, considering they require no materials. I just never really cared enough to balance them. If not having to slog your way back to somewhere you've already been makes the game too easy, just don't use the teleporters.

11. talen55

talen55 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it dont load in the game

12. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

It should, assuming the .modpak file is in the right place, as per the instructions. In rare cases, another mod will clobber an important config file, breaking recipes; if you have any other mods installed, try moving all of them out and making a character with just Planetside Teleporters installed. If there are no other mods installed, and it still doesn't work, it's either not in the right place, or there's a more serious problem with your Starbound install.

13. talen55

i run a ton of mods so only god knows which ones are messing up

14. Noodninjadood

Noodninjadood Space Hobo

So first time posting! because my friend couldn't see me in multiplayer and I removed all of the mods to see if that would fix it. Now my character crashes! I put the mods back one at a time, I only have three the dyemod w/ extras, this and the light drone but I've only used this one. After placing them back I still get a crash for that character :zzz: help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

15. talen55

it looks a ur not using the tech for it i guess

16. Noodninjadood

Noodninjadood Space Hobo

What do you mean? I had the tech equipped when I removed the mod the first time which created the error but when I reinstalled the mod it still crashes

17. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

This error seems to pop up sometimes when removing mods that a character depends on. People have solved it by using a character editor (such as StarReader) to remove equipped techs on the character that isn't loading.

Noodninjadood likes this.
  18. Noodninjadood

Noodninjadood Space Hobo

Thanks!

19. monsto

monsto Subatomic Cosmonaut

can you Reset or Unset the coords on a teleporter? I know they don't cost anything, but hey. . . I'm a treehugger and like to recycle.
    (we use them while adventuring and i've got a tone of teleporters with coords on them busy being unstacked from the pile I have in my pocket)

20. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

Nope. It would certainly be possible to add an item to reset a teleporter, but I never saw a need to, since it would probably be more trouble than simply trashing the teleporters you don't intend to use anymore.