1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated [Outdated] Planetside Teleporters 2.11

Configurable teleporters for warping from place to place on a planet or ship.

1. Inverness

Inverness Void-Bound Voyager

This is wrong. The video you saw was only of their proof of concept. They're still working on the rest of the teleportation feature that will do what we want, move us from custom locations across planets.

CF is aware that anything less wouldn't solve the problem of planet travel being tedious.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    SleepySquidd likes this.
  2. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

It's a true shame your not planning on updating this, I've used an have been a fan of it since you posted it. I would guess that the game Dev. are months away from anything like this if not years.

3. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Actually it will be in the next stable update.

4. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

In xxxx Month....

5. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

No it won't. What this mod does is it lets us teleport to a number of points on the planet via the coordinates we put in (by consuming an item granted with the right tech equipped). So we could go to a village, apex dungeon, avian suicide tower, etc.

What CF is giving us is probably the worst set of options ever: Ship, Planet, Home, Outpost. That's it, talk about the wrong message, and even then, when you get back to the ship, you can then spend an extra minute or two to get back to the outpost since every system has one now and it costs 0 fuel to travel to planets in the same system. Very few people use the home world aside from making equipping alts that much easier and stick to turning their ship into their own home-base. Also, warping down to the planet is well, to be expected.

6. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

That is why I thought it was pointless to reply to Inny as he has no idea what hes really talking about. Just because they say they have one dose not mean it works near as well as the one in this mod. So like I said months or years, I really am going to miss this mod !

7. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Like I doen't read the dev blog when they say you'll be able to build a network of teleporters you can use? You're not in my head.

8. ScreamingCommie

ScreamingCommie Void-Bound Voyager

Could you at least make this mod compatible with upbeat giraffe?

9. TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

I'm sad to see this isn't going to get updated. I haven't played Starbound without this mod since I first got the game... and as has been made apparent, Chucklefish are content to take their dear sweet time getting around to a stable update. The last time I updated the game, all the survival features that drew me in and made it slightly more interesting than a multi-world Terraria were stripped out. It was already difficult to convince myself to get back into the game and try it out... but now I'm realizing I will have to do so without the ability to travel conveniently around my home planet until they decide to come along and add in one feature whilst undoing five more?

Perhaps I'll put this game back on the shelf for a while and see if it feels less half-baked in another few months.

10. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

11. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

My beef with the introduced CF teleportation system is somewhat different... it looks like they'll be having one network of teleporters that has ALL of them available, and you must select your destination from a menu. Instead of having a way to simply boot around a single world, you'll apparently have to slog through a list that includes every teleporter on every world you've placed a teleporter on. This means that if you set up a teleporter network on multiple worlds, that's a LOT of menu slogging... instead of the simple system this mod supplied, where you could set up a central hub on the planet that nicely let you teleport to specific places and back with no hassle whatsoever without needing to deal with a large list of destinations every time you teleport.

Edit: If we're VERY lucky, maybe they'll have a 'bookmarked teleporter' filter, which means that to get a similar effect as this mod supplied, you'd have to go in and change your bookmarked teleporter destinations every time you changed planets to limit it to ones on that planet.

12. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Also, it's Durasteel tech, and with the removal of save+exit, I'll be clamoring for this version to make the early game less mind-numingly boring.