[ Outdated ] Mods Installation and Distribution - Beta Offended Koala

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DJ_Ditz3, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semmelx3

Semmelx3 Void-Bound Voyager

The recipe doesn't work, but this is a updated file.. first i make a recipe by hand.

2. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

I should have fixed the recipe, testing things now, if everything is in order, i should be done in less then 5 mins.

3. Semmelx3

Very nice, please tell me my fault so i can do it better next time, i gonna make more craftable Blocks..

4. tifel100

Well first of all, for a block, you need to make both an item and a block. You'll see in the file. I had to make some placeholder texture for your blocks. see the cobblestone 1 for reference after.

5. Semmelx3

Oh, thats why i'm a noob in modding. i think its easy to mod a simple block.

6. tifel100

Here, just look at what I did different and learn from that. I shouldn't need to explain everything step by step.

7. xxlegionxx

xxlegionxx Aquatic Astronaut

How do you know whether the file path for a mod is setup properly? Some follow the file path exactly like the assets folder but some add new folders if dropped into the assets folder.

8. xxlegionxx

Was that meant for me or someone else?

9. Semmelx3

It don't work o_O!? With New Character, i see u set no path. Test it non fixed and fixed still don't work.. added player.config don't know whats wrong. /:

10. DJ_Ditz3

DJ_Ditz3 Void-Bound Voyager

Well the general path should be the same, but some mods do add in custom assets such as new work stations and then it'll have to be common sense. For example, a new race being added would have a new folder dropped into .../assets/humanoid

11. xxlegionxx

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. Most of the mods I've seen say to extract the zip/rar files to your assets folder. But for something like Matter Manipulators plus that would look like-C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\assets\mattermanipulatorplus(with "items", "recipes", and "player.config" in the"mattermanipulatorplus" folder.) Very few mods that I've installed follow the assets folder all the way to the last file that would be installed; most seem to make new folders unique to the modded items early in the assets folder.

12. tifel100

Does it give any error? give me the starbound.log
    And how are you trying to make it?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  13. michealv

michealv Industrial Terraformer

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Following the instructions on the first page to the exact LETTER, including the modinfo, checking for commas etc, and putting everything into the same hierarchy as outlined, but my modified chest wont appear in the crafting recipe.

The ONLY thing that does work for me, and shows the chest in the recipes, is if I manually put the mod folder (with the modified chest) into the games main asset/objects/generic/ folder and alter the main playerconfig and recipe files. I'm ok testing content with doing it the hard way for now, though will be highly annoyed if I can't solve this.

Example of what DOESNT work.

Modded Object Files: chestmed.frames, chestmed.object, chestmed.png, chestmedicon.png
    Starbound\mods\assets\objects\generic\chestmed

Modded Recipe: chestmed.recipe
    Starbound\mods\assets\recipes\starter\plain

Modded config: Player.config
    Starbound\mods\assets\

Example of what DOES work

Modded Object Files
    : chestmed.frames, chestmed.object, chestmed.png, chestmedicon.png
    Starbound\assets\objects\generic\chestmed

Modded Recipe: chestmed.recipe
    Starbound\assets\recipes\starter\plain

Modded config: Player.config
    Starbound\assets\

RESOLVED!
    The issue was that the .modinfo file had to be placed in the same folder as the modpack itself, not into /mods
    So I made a new folder /Mods/Custom/ and shifted the objects & recipes folders, and player config & modinfo into it. Issue resolved.

14. Semmelx3

I take a look to the Starbound Log. No Error or Warnings. This Game hate me :D

15. tifel100

How are you trying to obtain the cleanstone?
    Also, Where are you putting the contents of the zip?

16. Semmelx3

I cooked the Cobblestone and i put the cleanstone files in mods in different folders..

17. tifel100

Can you tell me the path?
    "Starbound/mods/CleanstoneMod/...
    ... being the contents and the rest.

18. Semmelx3

19. michealv

michealv Industrial Terraformer

I noticed you have cleanstone.modinfo in the /mods directory.

Maybe try putting it into the mods/cleanstone

That fixed my issue (that I posted above) as i dont think it likes modinfos in the /mods directly.

(Also make sure the path is set to "." instead of "cleanstone")

Semmelx3 likes this.
  20. Semmelx3

Thanks, that worked.

€dit: Fixed myself. Don't use paint for sprites!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.