1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Out of Memory

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ekoz soldier, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ekoz soldier

Ekoz soldier Star Wrangler

a day after buying star bound i launched the unstable version and i worked for some time But after 2 month i relaunched the game but it is stuck in the loading section if i wait after some time windows will tell me that i am short on memory. i tried everything from opening Starbound to Starbound 64bit OpenGL, validating steam cache, updating it to nightly, redownloading the game. NOTHING works.
    PLZ HELP

Specs:
    Laptop dell
    processor Intel r core i3-4005U 1.70 GHz
    Ram 4Gb
    system 64 bit windows 10 x64 based processor

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

But... if windows says you are out of memory... maybe you ran out of space? whats your hard drive storage at?

also... did you try running the stable game?

3. Roubo

Roubo Big Damn Hero

Maybe you ran a lot of tasks at the same time? Check your task manager for memory usage. 4 Gb looks a lot for that issue, but who knows..

4. Ekoz soldier

I have 400 gb left! Its the same with the stable version

5. Ekoz soldier

when i run it it says the 1.6 gb remaining

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Wow this is really odd... but windows is the one making the report, have you tried running another game, or application that would require a lot of attention from your computer? perhaps there is a critical error on your machine once it reaches a certain ammount of activity

7. Ekoz soldier

hmm i launched g mod yesterday and it worked perfectly yesterday

8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Then... I cant possibly think of what might be causing it... I know some issues arise with some games when you dont run them as admin... and since I dont use win 10... im also less suitable to help you any further, my apologiez

9. Ekoz soldier

:nurusad:

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hehe... lets wait til tomorrow, most folks are asleep, specially the tech-savvy dudes that might be able to help you

Ekoz soldier likes this.
  11. Ekoz soldier

ok thx

12. Roubo

Roubo Big Damn Hero

Sounds like a memory leak actually, can you also check Starbound.log? I don't remember its path right now though, must be near executable file. It stores info about SB booting. Is there any errors?

13. Ekoz soldier

Wait leme check that

14. Ekoz soldier

There is starbound.log but also starbound.log.1-starbound.log.5 1455153359091-2013872640.jpg

15. Ekoz soldier

Maybe that's the error(last line):nuruhappy::up: it is the same in starbound unstable 14551535929101536351849.jpg

16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

theres a "prnt scrn" or something similar on your keyboard, press it, create a bmp or similar image data file, and paste it on said file, then you can upload that here and save you time by not having to take screenshots with your phone c:

also that is a really weird issue... I am absolutely lost as of what, or why its happening

... maybe a reinstall of starbound is needed? like completely purge its contents from your comp

Roubo likes this.
  17. Ekoz soldier

I deleted the local files via steam and redownloaded the game but it is still the same : loading

18. Ekoz soldier

I think it has a render issue but I don't know how to fix it

19. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hmm... try searching in the forums about tech support, memory or rendering issues, I cant guarantee your issue has been listed before, but its worth trying out! maybe someone has a similar issue and its been fixed! if not... err... im running out of ideas lol

20. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I don't have a solution to this, but I'd like to point out that Steam does not delete all of Starbound. It deletes only part of the game's files. A full redownload requires you to delete the entire Starbound folder, then redownload.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.