1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Our universe files has been altered, somebody made a prank on our server....

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by chandria.prime, Sep 9, 2019.

1. chandria.prime

chandria.prime Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there Starbounders!

I've been victim of a prank, I host a Starbound server and some dirty-dog put rats in 2 solar systems, this is one of the 2, visible only from the navigation console, how did they do it? exploiting a bug? What the heck is this thing and most important, how do I remove those from my universe files? (it's visible offline too)
    When you zoom to the planet they zoom out of the visual btw
    Please help this is really embarrassing!

Thank you

Chandria

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chandria.prime

so...nobody? That is an urgent matter we can't stay with rats on the server people are coming....sorry for the haste

3. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

4. chandria.prime

no backups sorry if it was so easy I didn't have bothered you guys, I found out long after the crime has been done, how to edit.....that part of the game that seems unacccessbile? please help i'm really desperate!

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Try to edit the affected system files with the tools "dump_versioned_json" and "make_versioned_json". These files holds information about anything in the system that isn't a planet (anomalies, space stations and so on). I assume the rats should be present there too.

6. chandria.prime

Ok maybe looking for coordinates I found a system files followed by several world files all sharing their name (coordinates) maybe it's in the .system file the culprit better start editing from there?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

No idea what's the third coordinate though...

_2, _4, and _7_2 maybe it's the position in the system, _7_2 maybe it's a moon

You mean with with something like this? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=942157446
    Or more roughly move the single planets of the affected to a host system I on't care? https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/transferring-importing-planets.123609/#post-3012812 like this?

I think that should work one of the 2 thanks

7. Iris Blanche

The steamguide is handling the characterfiles but it also applies to the system files so you're good to go with this one. The system filename itself is identified by the coordinates. The 3rd one might be the systems UUID and the rest is most likely some sort of planet/satelite index. Dumping the systemfile to json makes it editable like the characterfiles. Afaik it is the only place where such things (or rats in this case) could be stored.

Importing planets to a new universe might work too but every player would lose their own spacestation(s) in this step iirc.

8. chandria.prime

Thanks you've been clear I'll try to see what I can do <3<3

I think I've managed that's what came out of the rats, if someone's interested that's the code of one rat:
    Code:
    {
            "name" : "playerstation",
            "spawnTime" : 2.39562e+07,
            "parameters" : {
              "icon" : "/assetmissing.png?crop;0;0;1;1?setcolor=fff?replace;fff0=fff?border=1;fff;000?scale=1.15;1.12?crop;1;1;3;3?replace;fbfbfb=000;eaeaea=ae0000;e4e4e4=000053;6a6a6a=ae0053?multiply=fff0?scale=173.5;82.5?crop=0;0;174;83?replace;[The code then continues for a lot like 95k colums on a notepad],
              "displayName" : "rats, we're rats",
              "description" : "we're the rats"
            },
            "orbit" : {
              "target" : {
                "location" : [710353730, -13389283, 22444347],
                "planet" : 0,
                "satellite" : 0
              },
              "direction" : 1,
              "enterTime" : 2.39562e+07,
              "enterPosition" : [-152.557, -203.426]
            },
            "position" : [-67.751, 245.083],
            "uuid" : "9e36ef38c395effc5f47daf2e6352943"
          },
    Another rat different than the others:
    Code:
    {
            "name" : "playerstation",
            "spawnTime" : 2.39562e+07,
            "parameters" : {
              "icon" : "/assetmissing.png?crop;0;0;1;1?setcolor=fff?replace;fff0=fff?border=1;fff;000?scale=1.15;1.12?crop;1;1;3;3?replace;[kilometers of code]
    "displayName" : "I'M THE GIANT RAT THAT MAKES ALL OF THE RULES",
              "description" : "LET'S SEE WHAT KIND OF TROUBLE WE CAN GET OURSELVES INTO"
            },
            "orbit" : {
              "target" : {
                "location" : [710353730, -13389283, 22444347],
                "planet" : 0,
                "satellite" : 0
              },
              "direction" : 1,
              "enterTime" : 2.39562e+07,
              "enterPosition" : [102.878, 117.82]
            },
            "position" : [-101.141, 119.315],
            "uuid" : "3e19f9bb55c1fc1dd2502ff12fe0d5ed"
          },
    Just to give you an idea of the complexity of this code that was a part of the part that I omitted:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks guys *doki* doki*<3<3
    [​IMG]

I wonder now....how did the do that? For curiosity's sake (and to close the security hole :rofl: ^^)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2019
  9. Iris Blanche

Glad it worked. :nuruhappy:
    Also i merged your posts. Please edit them next time before posting 4 times in a row :nurutease:

It might be some sort of clientside mod or the user who did that gained admin access and might have been able to spawn these "stations" in.