1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) v1.64

Converts stuff into seeds. Farm stuff!

1. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

ehh, I say it can wait for now, add it next time you update.........Speaking of which any thoughts you want to share on what you might be adding next?

2. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

lol I don't know. I'll probably keep doing what's been suggested on here. There's also the rest of the shop foods to do. Cheese, cannedfood, and it looks like chocolate is what's left.

edit: looks like there's some more cosmetic stuff to do too. O well.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  3. KateisLost

Sounds good! There can never be enough plants!

4. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Great work, as usual. Have you considered, rather than using slight illumination to distinguish the different tiers of plants...having different plants for the tiers?

For non-liquid plants, you could have Tier 1 utilize the same graphic that diamonds, etc use. Tier 2 could use the same graphic that iron ore, etc currently uses. Tier 3 could use...say... a revamped coffee plant. Tier 4 could use...hrm....maybe just having a corn plant revamped would be satisfactory, though I think small trees with the ore in the leaves would look cool.

In the case of the liquids, you could have tier 4 be the plant currently being used. Tier 1 could be the 'original' graphic you had, the one that was similar to the ores one. Tier 2 could be...say...the metal ore graphic (with the juts sticking out, depicting that there's more liquid inside or something). Tier 3 could be the revamped one you had which was a modified corn plant (could change it to be a modified coffee or pearlpea plant, too...or vary it between them), iirc.

Don't have to use the ideas above for the tier look separation idea...it's just...the idea is that rather than having a barely noticeable glow (I don't really care for that effect myself, anyway, tbh ^^) which you can barely see at night and only if you don't have the area lit up...you can tell the different tiers just be LOOKING at the plant, day or night.

Also, have you given any thought to my suggestion before to cut the initial seed creation cost for T1 seeds for the non-liquid seeds in ~1/2 to 20 or 25...as well as the 1.5-2x cost for T2-T4 seeds for the liquid seeds, not the non-liquid seeds? ^^ Also, what about the adaptation of the ore/gems/liquids from ISE-3...given any thought to that, too? :D

5. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Going through the progression again, I've found two issues thus far myself with the latest version, which means they probably existed in the past couple, too.

First off...the T2 gold seed recipe isn't triggering. The problem code is:
    Code:
    "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [
        "gold2seed"
      ]
    As you can see, it should be "goldt2seed" and not "gold2seed".

Secondly...the T2 plant for Mascagnite is invisible through all of its growth periods, though it is still harvestable and everything. THe problem is that the image line for the plant itself is referencing the "ironseed.png" image, which doesn't exist in that folder...instead of the Mascagnite one it should be referencing. ^^

6. greenRAM

KateisLost likes this.
  7. Malkierian

Malkierian Void-Bound Voyager

greenRAM, I was wondering if you would look into the possibility of creating a harvesting tool (like a scythe or something) that could harvest things from crops without breaking them down to seeds after the harvest is done? Having to press E to interact with each of them is too tedious, and the matter manipulator is too powerful. Two swipes and not only have you harvested, but the plant is broken. I'd like to just be able to go over it with a tool that would make them drop their harvest drops without the risk of breaking the plants themselves. I looked into the possibility, but I just don't have the time to learn Starbound's modding system enough to know if it's even possible right now.

8. greenRAM

Harvester gun does that.

Forgot to add that last update I also halved the cost to the T1 ore seeds. Didn't add the change to the FU update, but that's next if it feels balanced with a new player. Got to play around with it to see if it's too easy or not.

9. KateisLost

There is the Harvest Beamgun mod. Never tried it myself, but it should do what you want.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/harvester-beamgun.2523/

Of course this

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/gardenbot.1690/

would be the greatest harvest mod of all time if it could be updated.[DOUBLEPOST=1425615992][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Loving the two newest plants! Your pixel art skills are getting even more impressive with every update!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  10. greenRAM

This is a tall order, although the different plants idea has been in the back of my mind for awhile now as well. What I have now is the most time efficient means to differentiate the plants. I'll keep thinking about a solution for this that wont drive me too crazy.

I'll give the cost suggestions a try and see how they feel. The liquids I don't suspect matters. Liquids are easy enough to harvest in game that the plants become just a funny addition.

I haven't played with ISE-3 at all. I'll have to take a look at it before I decide on anything. Anyways, looks like I still have plenty to keep me busy for awhile as I think about it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  11. greenRAM

12. greenRAM

13. KateisLost

Sleep.....................and dream of more plants to make;)

greenRAM likes this.
  14. greenRAM

Looks like the cheese plant converts to the original stage instead of the second now. I'll just have to include the fix with the next full update.

15. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

I can hardly wait! With a working cheese plant, I won't have to visit the outpost every time I want to make more pizzas.

16. Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't gotten very far yet on the plants but the healing water seed t2, is labeled 'water seed t2' whereas the rest are healing water seed t3 t4 etc.

greenRAM likes this.
  17. greenRAM

18. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Ore Plants+ (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

Fix for healing water T2

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1425713233][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks! I got it fixed now.

19. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I understand...just figured I'd put it out there. ^^

That being said...there's some other FF materials that might be worth making into plants.
    • Saltpeter (ATM the way to create this seems to be a 20 to 1 ratio of caliche stone to this...or 50 to 1 from chert to this...might be beneficial to be able to grow it, since it can also be used to create limestone and I'm sure other things, as well :D)
    • Ice crystals and/or Magnesium Sulfate (crystals are used to create, at t he very least, magnesium sulfate, which I'm sure is also used in other stuff...may also be craftable elsewhere, not sure)
    There may be others hidden in the mod, as well...but these seem like they could be interesting to produce. ^^

20. greenRAM