Mob Ore Beetles

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Jotur, Jul 31, 2012.

?

Do you like Ore Beetles?

1. Heck, Yes!

88.5%
  2. Nope.avi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Abstain

11.5%
  1. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

well....for the truth, in alien's world insects doesn't have a short life...it depends which bugs eats who...and I didn't say "it doesn't have to be only others insects" which mean...they can eat one their own kins. For big bugs digging around and gathering ores, I think they should lived like 1-2 years (not years in this type reality)

Which its not long life terms as everyone thinks. and its plenty days for larva breed and lived long as it could until someone attended to...u know...

2. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

The mods are asleep, post suggestions!

LastDay likes this.
  3. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Does the ore beetle grind the ore up with its razor teeth? If razor teeth may the ore beetle when tamed could act like a drill if you mine?
    Or does it spit a type of acid to goopify it like a fly? If its the acid then maybe acid spit could be an attack of somesort?

4. Agaras

Agaras Void-Bound Voyager

I hope this does not make me mad like the worms in Terriara.:sneaky:

5. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

I hope not, I think he means that this mob could mine on their own, so when your mining you might stumble upon a lair of one, which might consist of 1-2 adults and some larva's?

6. Agaras

Agaras Void-Bound Voyager

Makes more sense, i just skimmed through it.:DD

7. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

canvas.png LARVA.png So, This is my idea of ore beetle larva!
    Its brown because it has not eaten any ore yet...(Sorry for my crappy art :rofl:)
    ...It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to put this on :rofl:
    This is no where near as good as Dr.Deaths drawing, but...Its just a Lil suggestion.

Attached Files:

8. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

I actually Have no idea, both sound cool though.

It would be better if they were not able to move through solid blocks, so not like terraria worms.
    This sound promising.
    Well, it's better than anything I can draw, but I think the lava should be a milky white colour, like grubs. Otherwise it's fine.

9. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

I kinda went with the dirt color because since they ingest ore to change into various types, the default would be the dirt it would eat as a newborn :p

My brains chruning right now so I can think of multiple types of ore beetles :rofl:
    If you want just pm me the things you want the larva to look like and ill tweak my current picture!

10. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

I understand, thanks for the art work. And what do you mean by "Oddly enough I can think of multiple types of ore beetles"?

11. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Meaning that I have a swirling mesh of ideas in my head.
    And I can tweak the picure to your liking if you want.
    Ill snip the oddly off.

12. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

A recolour would be nice, until then a cropped and resized version of your original will be in the artwork tab. :D

13. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Yeah, sorry about the large size...My computer kept resizing it.

14. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

canvas.png LARVA.png Here you go!!

15. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Oh, and perhaps there could be a rare spawn of a queen ore beetle? It would be a nasty looking thing, and would drop an ornate shell?

16. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Sounds like a good idea, could you elaborate or is that it?
    Thanks!

17. yabebto

yabebto Tentacle Wrangler

What if the adults would become hostile when they saw you mining whatever their shell is made of. The different ore that they ate could also give them a different ability. For instance, the gold one could have some sort of weak ranged electrical attack.

18. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

I dont think they'll have a ranged attack, I think they are mostly Heavy melee if they get their chompers onto you.

19. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

(Sorry for double posting)
    The queen beetle...
    Perhaps it could spit acid and have large tendrils tipped with spikes it attacks with?
    It could spawn larvas on its own...
    If you managed to catch one (Which would be nearly impossible) you could breed ore beetles?
    The queen qould be defended by very strong ore beetles, made from the strongest ore.
    Just some floating thoughts on the subject.

20. Jotur

Jotur Starship Captain

Sounds good.
    The last 3 sound good. I think that the beetles should be limited to only melee.