1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Orbital Ion Cannon v1.1

Rip a hole in a planet using a giant laser!

1. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

SuperMandrew submitted a new mod:

Orbital Ion Cannon - Rip a hole in a planet using a giant laser!

Read more about this mod...

2. 暴走的南瓜

暴走的南瓜 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

looks funny
    看上去挺好玩的

3. SonicundMario

SonicundMario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love it! Can you maybe add even more mass destruction weapons? Like one that destroys the whole planet and turns it into an asteroid field or something like that. Or just a nuke?

Who doesn't love giant explosions.

4. SuperMandrew

5. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

I had to try out this mod just to check what your Easter Egg was. I was not expecting it, and it was good.

One thing about it made me a little sad, but I can understand how changing much more than that would have been a ton of extra work for not much reward. And that shouldn't be spoiling too much to say so.

SuperMandrew likes this.
  6. SuperMandrew

Maybe I could change the color to red in that case?

7. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

It'd be a nice indicator that you didn't just imagine it.

Well, provided it didn't increase the filesize by too much. Nearly 8MB for what's already in there is kinda scary.

8. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

All I have to say is...
    [​IMG]
    NOT BAD...

enderlordalatreon likes this.
  9. MrMadJackVIII

MrMadJackVIII Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe make a portable non-finite version for a 100k or so? That would improve this mod ten fold. Just don't make it spammable.

dragonhold24 likes this.
  10. SuperMandrew

Already been thinking about it, potential future update if I don't get burned out on modding.

dragonhold24 and jonathonspy like this.
  11. TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm trying (for myself only) to edit the Ion cannon to mine blocks instead of destroying them.
    I was under the impression it was some kind of setting in the .projectile files but I am not even sure what I am looking for.
    Yes, using the ion cannon for that is extremely cheap but I like cheap.

12. SuperMandrew

Cool! It's actually a really simple change. In the file ioncannon.lua, find all the calls to world.damageTileArea, and find the last 0 parameter (after 100.0), and just remove it. The line should look something like this now:

world.damageTileArea({self.position[1], self.position[2]-(3*i)}, 4.0, 'foreground', self.position, "beamish", 100.0)

Try that. That should spawn blocks that you can pickup, however spawning that many may cause heavy lag. Good luck!

13. TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am playing with the Uros IV ship mod (and stack size of 9999) plus fracking universe so I need blocks by the boatload
    I tried the changes and it works fine. Lags like hell but still much much faster than digging down myself.

SuperMandrew likes this.