1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Optimization/hardware requirements

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CognitioNaut, Jun 5, 2016.

1. CognitioNaut

CognitioNaut Master Chief

I made a comment about this on another post but I figured it deserved it's own thread. Anyone have any idea how well this game might run on iris 540 integrated graphics? I'll be getting an XPS 13 in a few days and I wanna know if I can play it out and about?

Furthermore, what are your experiences with performance in nightly and what hardware are you running? I haven't played nightly for a month or two but it runs really well on my FX 6300 and GTX 970 SSC build.

2. SnowKate709

SnowKate709 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wouldn't entirely hold my breath on that. Intel has a notorious reputation for having, erm, substandard hardware specifications for their integrated graphics, and while it does run okay with a solid 60fps most of the while, even with my Geforce GTX 950, turning on the inspect mode in the nightly outpost, or using the Ore/Cave Detectors, causes the framerate to drop to around 30, so I cannot really see a not-so-great graphics card handling that well at all.

My previous card, which was a much earlier GT model, just plain sobbed whenever I turned on inspect mode with more than a couple objects on screen. That was a complete disaster.

3. CognitioNaut

CognitioNaut Master Chief

Ah, that's a shame. :s Still, that's one less game to distract me from study/writing!