1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Opengl 2.0 not found help! [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by lightwolf25, Dec 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lightwolf25

lightwolf25 Void-Bound Voyager

so i got starbound on my new pc thanks to my friend! i get this message :([​IMG]
    i just got my pc and i believe it is a directx comupter only and i have no idea how to send specs so if anyone knows how to help please say because ive been waiting to get this game for years :(

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Sending your specs is just writing down what your pc has in it. In this case i need to know which video card is in your machine.

~ Iris ~

3. lightwolf25

New sorry it took so long but i believe these are my video card specs (i'm new to finding them)

Machine Id: {94648B7E-337F-460E-937F-4DEBEFD649AD}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 32-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: OptiPlex 760
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A13
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3548MB RAM
    Page File: 2676MB used, 4454MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Not Available
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 32bit Unicode

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Nope, that is everything else about your system though.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

I am perplexed by the use of Windows 10 on such an old system though. Win10 Pro to boot, and 32bit as a cherry on top...

your CPU is virtually ancient by modern standards, so Im betting your graphics card is equally as ancient. We use Optiplex 760s as throwaway systems at my work, and we are NOT know for upgrading often.

5. lightwolf25

ah okay i'm not quite sure how to find them but i think this is my video card i hope

Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

hope this helps i really wanna play this game again :(

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

So your issue is a bit... meh.

That chip DOES support the proper OpenGL, HOWEVER, there are no 32bit drivers for it, which your system needs. Not sure the circomstance which lead you to getting Windows 10 Pro 32bit (Upgrade from Windows 7 32bit?) But it didn't do you any favors.

What you can do, however, is buy a cheap graphics card. Your options are limited in terms of getting a decent card for a decent price because of the weak PSU in an optiplex 760. You can use something like this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...N82510&cm_re=GT740-_-9SIA10V6N82510-_-Product

Ultimatly though, your performance will be fairly bad across the board because of how old your system is. I used to play Starbound on the same computer as you (With a similar graphics card as I linked) for a short while, and the experience was... meh... Your best bet for better experience and longer term playability would be to get a new computer.

Im gunna take a guess based on your system, that funds are a little tight for you, so while some may hate me for this, and I normally wouldn't suggest it, but perhaps looking at a Walmart pre-built system might be worthwhile. You can find a relatively decent system with MUCH more modern hardware for ~$400. The improvement you would see would be night and day.