1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed OpenGL 2.0, Help Needed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Renstash09, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renstash09

Renstash09 Big Damn Hero

Okay so I pre-ordered the game and am sad to say I cant run it. I updated my graphics card to get the Open GL update for my driver when I wanted to play Don't Starve. That game, and other games like Ace of Spades works too (although I cant play AoS because my graphics suck),
    Anywho, I'm confused on why it suddenly wont work for this game? I get the error: Open Gl 2.0 not found! (Probably not exact, I am re-installing it at the moment because I tried a fix that involved moving files and failed) Followed by a bunch of numbers. I am pretty sure it is totally up to date, but heres a list of my specs: (I get a different error message with the launcher way to run it. It says something about not finding a place to install directx)3 *added parentheses to stop the face from being made, lol* or something similar. This error is me trying to run it in safe mode)
    ---------------
    Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_020D1028&REV_02
    Display Memory: 286 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 286 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Dell S1709W
    Driver Name: igdumdX32.dll
    Driver Version: 7.15.0010.1666 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    BGRA Supported: Yes
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    3GB Ram

I have no idea what any of this means, lol. I might have just simply missed a step in confirming the update for my card? I have no where near the funds to afford an upgrade, sadly. I dont really want to ask for a refund, so if someone can possibly direct me to an update driver site that actually has one that upgrades me to OpenGL 2.0? I might have clicked on the incorrect one, and I got it from a long lost link. Any help for this is greatly appreciated as I don't want to pester the Devs with a refund request. :(
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.