1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Question to the Devs: What do you want?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Nerva, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

I know developers have priorities when it comes to fixing and adjusting things. As a beta tester, I'd like to know where I'm needed most. What do you need me (and anyone else who wants to help) to explore and give feedback on the most right now?

Knowing what needs testing the most and what sort of information you're looking for will help beta testers like myself give you better, more relevant feedback.

Aledroid likes this.
  2. NightCat

NightCat Void-Bound Voyager

Good question, I'd find this info useful too. The only bugs I've even encountered so far in the latest build is melee projectiles still going through walls/doors as well as the tool merchant spawner being scannable but not appearing in the printer list. All the rest seems very stable and works as expected (apart from balance issues and other non bug stuff).

Also, a bit of expansion on how certain things like liquids or loose blocks are meant to behave would help us to test those. For example, is water meant to level itself off if you dig across and then up, or should it be more like in Terraria where 'air pressure' would let you build an underwater pool at a lower level than the rest of the water?