1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Online Character Creator update, part deux!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by tramsan, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Mimic

Mimic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Florians just get better and better

2. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Oh now this is going to be fun.

3. Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

Nice... but they removed some of the colors for some of the races (Aquatics lost Red and pretty much all warm colors) and I find that disappointing. VERY disappointing. I liked having a red and black Aquatic.
    But, just hoping that's not the way it is in the final version.

4. CobaltWarrior12

CobaltWarrior12 Poptop Tamer

This game will be epic!

5. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Or that the florans wear smaller shirts for some "Strategic advantage" like so that people cant grab them. :p

6. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades Cosmic Narwhal

Suuure. "Strategic advantage", we'll call it that. ;)

7. Draconano

Draconano Pangalactic Porcupine

She wants dem guys to see her belly button! Wait a second... Florans dont have belly buttons... She wants them to see her... Smooth skin? :rofl:

8. Nayru

Nayru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The white clothes color for florans is now a rather tacky gray.

I had a thing going on.

That's disheartening.

9. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    Now all I need is some armor

10. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

11. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Oh great, now I'm going to have to look for Easter eggs too!!

12. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can echo this. Cleared cache as well. Everyone is a orangey color when color isn't changeable.

EDIT:

Firefox, by the way. Also tried IE, but it wouldn't load on IE.

13. Nice try. :V

Mianso likes this.
  14. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

I've tried everything I can think of to solve that colour issue, but I'm all tapped out. Since I can't replicate it locally, it makes it extremely hard to debug. It seems very specific, too. Only three users have reported it so far, and I've tried the very same browser versions they have. Until I can think of anything else to try, an alternative is to use Chrome, it has been reported as working for one user suffering this issue in FF.

15. IDiivil

IDiivil Void-Bound Voyager

Using Firefox and just tried character creation. Colors work normally for me.

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  16. Llez

Llez Void-Bound Voyager

Just to validate the other 3 some, I'm getting the weird orange coloration as well. Strange bug is strange. And orange.

17. StrayArctic

StrayArctic Void-Bound Voyager

Well that makes me the 4th. I cant change any color of the characters cloths or skin, also on the latest version of firefox.

18. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

I'm the fifth then! Same problem - colors are not changing, instead defaulting to a jumpsuit-orange color. I was using Firefox 18.x (can't remember exact version, I'm reinstalling now for a separate issue...). Works fine in Opera, though.

EDIT: Yeah, in Firefox 19.0 it's the same problem. Specifically, I cannot change the color of the skin, undies, shirt, or pants. I can change the hairstyle, hair color, shirt style, pants style, and pose.

19. reversePsychologist

reversePsychologist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, this is great, thanks for the hard work! I didn't realize we would have been able to use the feminine pose for males. Hilarity ensues.

Two notes:
    -It seems you removed proper white and black colors from clothes? A shame... unless it's the bug you're talking about in which case sorry, didn't read thorougly :x
    -A suggestion: perhaps the Randomize function shouldn't affect poses? I guess in-game that makes sense, but with the additional frames in the creator it's a bit of an annoyance when you randomize a guy and he's covering his face with some swimming frames.

AstroBlast likes this.
  20. ti5i

ti5i Void-Bound Voyager

Easter eggs? Hnngh