1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Online Character Creator update, part deux!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by tramsan, Feb 20, 2013.

1. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah same here, had to crop them all myself due to the errors in the creator. Glad to know I'm not the only one. :(

2. Ellthan

Ellthan Big Damn Hero

Isn't working, it just stays on Loading... forever,

3. Aetius

Aetius Master Chief

Boo! I signed up to try this out too =(

4. Berry Punch

Berry Punch Big Damn Hero

This is just infinitely amusing for me, though there's not too much of a difference in beaks for my avian beauty here but then again it's bit. There any names set in place for these "races" available in the character creator?

5. Faughn

Faughn Title Not Found

Humans, Avians (the birds), Apex (the apes), Florans (the plants), Glitch (the 'bots), and Hylotls (the amphibians) are pictured in the Character Creator. The Novakids are the seventh playable race.

More info here.

6. Hat

Hat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can make some pretty disturbing humans with this.

7. BigTeef

BigTeef Aquatic Astronaut

Needs facial hair as a separate option.

8. Remiarn

Remiarn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

fantastic! I can't want to dive into the game and make my first character~ I spent at least an hour and a half going through everything and in the end I made a karate kid robot :laugh:

9. krakkenchaos

krakkenchaos Star Wrangler

Are novakids going to be added?

10. Dahoga

Dahoga Phantasmal Quasar

Novakids were actually part of the Pre-Order stretch goals. They are to be added in the full release. However, they will not be present in the beta, and I have a feeling Chucklefish wants to keep the Novakids a surprise until the full game is released. Besides, the main team isn't working on them, a separate hired artist is. So the answer to your question is, no, probably not in the creator, but yes, absolutely in the full (out-of-beta) 1.0 release.

11. krakkenchaos

krakkenchaos Star Wrangler

Oh, interesting.

12. _A_n_d_z_A_

_A_n_d_z_A_ Space Penguin Leader

If I make a character in this, will I be able to use it in game as my skin?

13. Faughn

Faughn Title Not Found

Most likely. But there's this caveat on the top of the Char Creator page:
    So no guarantees.
    But I would guess stuff like hairstyles and clothing are the most likely to change between web and game versions. You're probably going to be able to create the same color combos as in the creator, but I've got nothing to back that guess up. The same race and gender choices will be there, guaranteed, and the seventh race, the Novakids, will be added.
    But worst case scenario, if your favorite haircut or color from the web version is cut from the in-game one, then someone's bound to make a mod to include any web version stuff that got cut.

_A_n_d_z_A_ likes this.
  14. Jestahr

Jestahr Space Spelunker

Pretty fun to play around with :)

15. Causeray

Causeray Space Hobo

ow come it loads but never stops loading is there s much content on it?

16. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

This thread has been dead since June last year. Since your post is still on-topic, I'll let the necro slide. But please check the timestamps next time.

Anyway, try using a different browser. That's one of the main reasons for issues with the character creator.

Volcanus, cyberspyXD and AstroBlast like this.
  18. Causeray

Causeray Space Hobo

thank you :)