Story One long journey of The Green Lance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Warget, Jul 21, 2015.

?

Wanna hear more about The Green Lance's crew?

1. Yeah!

95.0%
  2. Nope!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No violence, language, etc and you got my vote!

10.0%
  4. Why did you do this to poor Ol' Crookbrand? T^T

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, I felt that my earlier response was rather rude and required some explanation.

Warget and camerox like this.
  2. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

The 8-th story is finaly published. We finished working on it long ago, but I just couldn't upload it. I just couldn't.
    BUT! I hope that NOW everything will go as planned.

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

WOOHOO!

camerox and Warget like this.
  4. Nova The Kid

Nova The Kid Subatomic Cosmonaut

Found it! i'll definitely be checking these stories out.

(Novakid FTW)

camerox, Alkanthe and Warget like this.
  5. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Many tanks! I hope you will like them. =)

camerox likes this.
  6. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Hey guys! The first story has been proofread now and the new version is put into the post. If you wanted to revisit the story so far, you totally should do it NOW, because @Zebe did everything to make the story much more readable... And changed the floating rocks into the soot :rofl:

7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

well those rocks were just a weird conception i got from the old words ._.

Thanks for mention.

Tatterdemalion, camerox and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Also, guys! Don't forget to check out the art section! I have got some new arts lately. I hope you'll like them. =)

Zebe, camerox, Alkanthe and 1 other person like this.
  9. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

Nineth story is starting today! Happy New Year to everyone. Consider this to be my New Year gift for my readers! I hope you will like it as you liked the previous ones.

9.1 The Clod. (+18-21)
    - My warmonger takes down your lon’shot! - Cinder moved a small figure of an Avian with a tomahawk one square forward and bumped it into a statuette of a Novakid wielding a long barreled rifle, thus making it fall down.
    - My'desperado nails yer'warmonger. - Fiddle took a statuette of another Novakid, the one armed with a shotgun, and knocked down the Avian figure with it.
    - Ha! Let’s look, how you like ’em apples! My preacher overwhelms yer desperado!
    - Wait'what?! Wasn’t the… Drang’I’m'blind! - The fiddler covered his brand with his hands.
    They were playing a local version of chess and Fiddle was hopelessly losing a third match in a row. Suddenly a grumpy female voice interrupted their game:
    - You both have been playing this stupid game for two hours already. Get out and get some fresh air, would you, shinies? - Nancy tapped her finger on the bar counter, trying to get the attention of both the fiddler and the kid.
    - I’m wreck’d anyway! - Fiddle shrugged and left his chair.
    - Ya’re just playin’ without thinkin’ through yar moves. - Ol’ Crookbrand, who was sitting nearby, rose from his chair too. - C’mon kid, I’ll go with ya two.
    Cinder giggled and ran towards the exit, accompanied with the old blacksmith and the tall musician. They left the train through the bar-wagon side door and went for a walk across the rooftops.
    The Green Lance still was on its stay above the “Shining Outlaw” on bazaar planet Sarah. The rooftops the train has stayed on were the most peaceful place of the entire city, so nobody expected anything unusual to happen. It wasn’t an empty field, because most of the houseowners were using the rooftops as a place to store unused furniture, old junk and storage boxes. Suddenly, the three Novakid saw a strange hooded figure running from behind the corner of a nearby roof entrance. It quickly approached them and a raspy, low human voice said:
    - Help me… I’m being chased. Don’t let ’em catch me and I’ll explain everything!
    After that, a group of five headhunters came from behind the same corner. Their faces were hidden under flax masks, but their heavy clanking steps and pairs of the glowing dots instead of eyes made their origin become obvious. One of the Glitch headhunters made a step forward and said with a creaking metallic voice:
    - Satisfied. I see you caught our runner from getting away. Thank you for your help.
    - Please! - The hooded figure grabbed Crookbrand’s hand. He was horrified.
    -Wait a li’l. This guy isn’t goin’ with ya ‘till I know why ya are chasin ’em. - The old Novakid shook his head.
    As he said this, Fiddle and Cinder both made a step closer to their elder friend and the hooded quickly hid behind them.
    - Displeased. This information is not for you to know. Give the runner to us and go away before we take him by force! - The headhunter raised his fist, wich was covered with a black flax glove and shook it.
    - Nope! It ain’t gonna happen, - Fiddle dismissed.
    - Angry. Last warning! You will die a horrible death, if you don’t get away from this stranger. We will make sure of that! - Glitch grabbed the handle of the blaster resting in a holster on his hip.
    - Then bring it on! - Chrome quickly rushed toward the enemy and hit him with an uppercut, launching the Glitch high into the air and starting the fight.
    As the headhunters’ leader landed, two of them rushed towards the blacksmith taking out their shock knobsticks, and the other two took cover behind a pile of boxes nearby. At the same time Fiddle pulled out his revolver and fired a pair of random shots in the direction of the enemy and pushed the hooded figure behind an old piano, forcing him to take a cover. Cinder quickly ran towards Crookbrand and jumped onto his back, whispering: “I will look behind”. At this moment two robots tried to strike the red-almost-giant with their knobsticks right in the brand, but he barely dodged the hit and grabbed one of the headhunters by the hand that was holding the stick. A moment after, the robots hiding behind the boxes looked out from their cover and started shooting their blasters at the big red Novakid. Suddenly a random bullet, fired by Fiddle, hit one of them right to the face – not killing, but making him shut down. The second shooting robot gasped and hid back behind the pile of boxes. This gave the giant blacksmith an opportunity; he swung the enemy he was holding around and then tossed him at the second shockstick wielder. Then Cinder jumped off of his back to the pile of boxes, yelling: “Hands up, rustbucket! I’m goin’ to murder you, if you don’ give up!” A confused robot popped his head out of the cover, and Cinder jumped up the boxes and forcefully kicked the enemy in the face. At the same time, the pair of headhunters with the knobsticks tried to get up, but Ol’ Crookbrand was already there to grab them both and hit them head to head, thus shutting the bots down. Seeing that, the last robot raised his hands and cried with the rusty electric voice:
    - Horrified. Please, let me be! I won’t hurt anybody else if you let me go away and mourn the friends you just killed! - His voice was cracking like an old grandfather’s radio.
    - They aren’t dead, so ya won’t mourn ’em. But we aren’t monsters, so we’ll let ya go. - Crookbrand slightly waved his hand.
    The Glitch headhunter stared at the Novakid trio for a couple of seconds, and then ran away, as if he was under machinegun fire.
    The blacksmith turned his head to Fiddle and nodded.
    - ‘Tis over, ye'can git'out, - the musician holstered his revolver and helped the hooded person to stand up.
    The person looked at the headhunters lying around, sighed and took off its hood. This was a tan, old human with a long dark-grey beard and long uncut hair of the same color. He was in a terrible shape – the circles under his eyes were almost black, his hands were shaking and his breathing was heavy. It was surprising that he had ran from the robots more than a couple of meters without dying. He nodded towards the fallen Glitch leader and said:
    - They chased me for a couple of hours, and you will not believe how happy I'm to see them lying there like that… I’m a runaway slave miner, who knows the truth about one of the big trading lords on this planet. And I’m looking for one woman of your kind. Her name is Oila. Oila Sunshine.
    - What? You’re lookin’ for my mom? Why? - Cinder jumped off the boxes and approached the human.
    - This is no place'to'talk, let’s get ye to the Green Lance, - Fiddle carefully grabbed the human by the hand and nodded at the big two floored train, - Ye’ll be safe ‘ere.
    The four left the battleground and went to The Green Lance. Upon entering the bar wagon they had met with furiously looking Oila, who was standing in front of the door with her hands crossed. She almost yelled:
    - I heard the gunshots! What the heck happened there?!
    Both Fiddle and Cinder nervously hid behind the Crookbrand’s back, leaving the red-almost-giant to tell the story:
    - First'of’all, calm down. We’re havin’ a guest, - the blacksmith said with a steady voice and let the runaway miner to enter the wagon bar-room, then he added, - Second. We’ve got to protect ’im from the headhunters.
    - You what?! - Oila’s brand turned red-hot.
    - We beat down a group o’five Glitches. Nobody did get harm’d but ’em. - Crookbrand slightly raised his right hand in front of himself. - Oila, everything is fine.
    At this moment the bearded human’s face brightened and he approached the raging Novakid lady. He looked at her face and suddenly fell onto his knees in front of her and said with tears in his eyes:
    - I found you. I finally found you…
    - Sir, tell me at least one reason not to call you a weirdo, - said Oila, with her voice cracking.
    - Fideus Kniq, - when the bearded miner said those words, all Novakid gasped, except Cinder.
    - Who? - the boy asked.
    - Hush! This man knows something about your father! Please, speak, sir. - Oila’s voice trembled.
    Still kneeling before her, the man took the hand of the Novakid woman, gripped it with both hands, and said:
    - He never abandoned you, Oila Sunshine! Once Kniq stepped on this cursed planet’s surface, he was kidnapped by the trading prince Orefin. Like most of us, he was sent to the moon called Hellon, a hidden satellite of the second planet in this system, to become a slave like me… I met him there when I was young. A tall turquoise man with a solid triangle on his face. He already had a plan to escape that place, but he needed some time to realize it… It took us my whole life to prepare the plan. I managed to escape the planet in a mining cart, but he couldn’t do it because of his light… I had to leave him there, but I promised him to find the one he never forgets! To find you, Mrs. Sunshine! And I finally did it… - The old miner sighed.
    - You… We… I must save him! - The Novakid woman clenched her other hand and her brand turned red hot.
    - What? - both Cinder and Fiddle said.
    - Ya ain’t gonna go alone, girl, - Crookbrand rubbed his right fist with his left hand, - I don’ care who did this, I’ll smite ’em down for good.
    - I want to repay you for your help… Just give me a gun, a knife and enough ammo and I will show you the way to Orefin’s house, - the old man rose from his knees.
    - Wait'a'minute! We need to talk to others! - said Fiddle, shaking his head.
    - Reasonable. Ya go ahead, and we’ll arm the miner with'a'gun, - old Novakid nodded and went to the forge wagon, followed by the miner.
    - And I will find some clothes for him… Don’t get offended, sir, but your look is horrible, - Oila followed the blacksmith.
    - Wait for me! I wanna help too! - Cinder quickly ran for them, leaving the fiddler alone.
    Upon entering the wagon, the blacksmith approached the pile of boxes and asked the miner:
    - Which gun d’ya want: a revolver, a shotgun, or a rifle?
    - Let me guess, you don’t have any human technology? - the human said.
    - Why’would we need’em? My guns can pierce any armor, if ya use the “purple powder”, - Crookbrand laughed, and looked at Oila who started rummaging in the boxes in the other side of the wagon, looking for clothes that could fit the old human.
    - The purple powder? - the runaway miner curiously asked, while taking off the cape with the hood he was wearing. He was a round-shouldered slender old man, wearing a dusty red shirt and brown pants.
    - Yeah! It’s our secret recipe, which includes the milled Erchius crystals and… - Cinder started speaking, but got slightly bumped in the shoulder by the blacksmith, - Oh, yeah… It’s a secret…
    - You grind Erchius crystals? - The human was not just surprised; he was shocked, - How?!
    - That’s the secret, pal, - Ol’ Crookbrand laughed a bit, - So what’s yer gun choice?
    - Let me look at them closely, - the runaway miner scratched his head.
    - Fine, - Chrome took one of the boxes and opened it, then took out three revolvers, two shotguns and a pair of rifles, put them on the working table and said, - Go ahead, those’re my best.
    The man looked at the old-western styled guns and hemmed, and took one of the revolvers. It had a long barrel and a six-rounded ammo drum, with its handle decorated with red wood and a narrow leather bands. The miner took aim at the wall, then suddenly spun it around his forefinger, like a professional gunman and hemmed again, putting the gun back to the hostler on the table. He looked at the face of the blacksmith and nodded.
    - Your gun is a masterpiece, - he said.
    - Actually, he made this gun, - Crookbrand patted Cinders shoulder and kid’s brand started shining with happiness, making the old human to drop his jaw.
    - Boy, if he is right, you are a diamond among the rocks. - The runaway miner ruffled the boy’s corona.
    - Thank you, kind mister! - said the young orange Novakid. He wanted to say something more, but was interrupted by Oila.
    - Found it! - She took a big wooden crate and put it in the center of the room. - We have the clothes, specially designed for humans.
    - Good… - The old human approached the crate and looked inside of it.
    After a couple of minutes he decided to take an old duster-coat, a pair of true cowboy boots and a broad-brim which he immediately put on top of his old dusty clothes, not listening to Oila’s words about how roguish he looked.
    - This is not the time to think about the style, lady! The last thing I need aside from the ammo is a good throwable knife. - The bearded man shook his head and looked at the blacksmith.
    - A knife? Well… ‘Kay, - said Crookbrand, who had already put the rest of the guns back to the box, - But right now I’ve only huntin’ ones.
    - That’s exactly what I’m looking for. - The old human nodded.
    The blacksmith nodded and opened another box, and then took out a bunch of hunting knifes and put them on the table. The runaway miner ran his sight over them and immediately took a big bowie knife with a jagged back of the blade and a handle made of a Capricoat horn. He swung it in front of himself a couple of times and raised his hand as if he was preparing to throw it, but stopped and put the hand down, carefully rubbing the blade with his left hand.
    - I really like your work, Mr. Crookbrand, - said the miner.
    - Huh? How d’ya know my name? - The red-almost-giant was surprised.
    - Fideus told me about the mighty red blacksmith who was traveling with him and Oila on the giant space train called The Green Lance and… Oh god! Pardon my manners, I forgot to tell you my name, - the old man took off his broad-brim and slightly bowed, - Call me Ethan Clod.
    - Clod? What you’ve got your Second Name for, Mr. Ethan? - Cinder asked curiously.
    - Excuse me? - the old miner raised his eyebrows in amazement.
    - Oh, don’t mind him, Mr. Clod! You see, we have no last names… Instead we have the Second Name, which is given to a person for something special he has or did, - quickly explained Oila.
    - The Second Name, heh? - Ethan giggled.
    - I don’t have one yet… - the young Novakid said sadly, and then added, - My main one is Cinder by the way.
    - Don’ be sad. Someday ya’ll get one. - Crookbrand patted the kid’s shoulder.
    At this moment the door got opened and a familiar tall Novakid entered the Wagon, saying:
    - Dane’s callin’ everyone. We’ll need'to discuss somethin’. - Fiddle waved his hand asking everybody to walk with him.
    Oila and Cinder followed the fiddler immediately, but Crookbrand decided to wait a bit and asked the bearded men:
    - Ya’re hidin’ somethin’ from us, aren’t ya?
    - Maybe. But I promise, you’ll know everything really soon, - smiled the old miner, putting his new weapons on.
    They followed the others and went down to the “Shining Outlaw”, where Dane gathered everyone up and was preparing the plan of rescuing their old friend. The four Novakid and the human entered as the bar owner was telling an old town myth:
    - You all heard about the trading prince Orefin? No? So, I’m going to tell you the myth behind his name and status. He is a leader of the biggest mining company in the system. His company was built in the shortest amount of time, but got the greatest outcome in the whole sector! It brings him more money than we could carry on our train, even if they would all be on credit cards! But how does he get all his money?! I heard that his secret is slavery. He kidnaps the people he dislikes and sends them to the most dangerous planets to mine there. The real goldmine was found when he sent a group of kidnapped folk to a volcanic moon called Hellon. There were all sorts of minerals and ores just lying on the surface, waiting to be collected! So he started getting richer and richer with every day…
    - And all you say is not just a myth. It is a sad truth, sir, - said Ethan, when he decided the story was over.
    - You must be the runaway miner Fiddle told me about. My name is Dane. - The pink circle-branded Novakid approached the human and extended his hand for a shake.
    - Ethan Clod, at your service. - The bearded man shook bar owner’s hand.
    - You escaped the Hellon in a mining cart. By the way you look I can say that was a tough job. Fortunately you are here. You can drink and eat as much as you want; it’s all free for you. - Dane turned to the other Novakid. - This man has escaped the place where Orefin gets his legendary riches. He knows the way to the hidden satellite and he knows how to save Fideus. Be polite to him and protect him by at any cost! If he gets in danger, we could lose our last hope to see Oila’s husband forever!
    Everybody nodded.
    - Now, let’s make a plan. Gazzi, go and find your headhunter friend Taras. Nickel, find Cetus and make him call upon his friends. Solid, you are going to find a fellow named Sparky Wick; he has the biggest family of our kind on this planet. Tell him we have found the evidence. And lastly, Goldie, tell the patrons that Orefin has finally crossed us, - Dane bumped his right fist against the right palm, - Today we’re going to have a big gunfight.
    - Oh! May I come? MAY I COME?! - Cinder grabbed his mother’s hand and looked into her face.
    - No, you don’… - Oila wanted to decline, but suddenly understood that everyone was looking at her, - He is a kid!
    - Ya can’t always protect ’im, auntie, - said Gazzi.
    - He has more'fight than ye'think! - Fiddle ruffled up Cinder’s corona.
    - Ugh! FINE! But he will stay close to me, so I can see if something happens to him, - Oila crossed her hands.
    - Yes! - The boy jumped from happiness.
    - Okay, if nobody is against the plan, we’ll start making it real, - Dane nodded and everybody went by their business.
    - Hey, Cinder, come with me, I’ve somethin’ for ya, - Crookbrand waved his hand, asking the boy to follow.
    - May I come with you? - Ethan asked.
    - Whyn't? - The red-almost-giant shrugged.
    The three left the bar and went back to the forge. Upon entering, the blacksmith took a pair of revolvers that were still lying on the table and gave them to Cinder. The boy looked at them with confusion. Those were the pistols he had crafted by himself: medium-sized, with shortened think barrels and engraved ammo drums for six rounds, with the red wooden handles and long triggers. Cinder looked at Crookbrand’s face and asked:
    - Why are you giving them to me?
    - They’re yars now, kid, - Chrome giggled.
    - Really? - The boy’s brand sparked a bit, as he understood the fact that he was now able to wield a weapon and fight at the same level with everyone else.
    - We should show him how to shoot, right? - Ethan looked at the blacksmith from the under of his hat’s brim.
    - Well… Yeah. - The blacksmith slowly nodded while scratching his brand. It looked like he hadn’t thought this through.
    - Let’s go outside. I saw some old bottles stored on the pile of boxes, while we were walking up here. And take some ammo with you, - the old human said and went to the door.
    Cinder hastily put the pistol hostlers on and followed the runaway miner. Crookbrand grabbed a box of ammo and went after them.
    The rooftop looked like nothing had happened there before. The Glitch bodies were gone – their friend must have taken them away. Right in front of the forge-wagon’s door was a line of boxes, with the empty bottles standing on them. Ethan scratched his beard and pointed his finger at the bottles, saying:
    - Before you will be able to shoot at least one of them down you will need to know how to hold your gun. I know, you’ve seen how others do that, but you need to train a bit, - he took out his revolver and aimed at the bottles, - Look at my hand and remember what I do. Mister Crookbrand, give me ammo.
    Old Novakid handed a pile of bullets to a runaway miner.
    - Here you go… - Ethan put a single round into the ammo drum and made sure it was loaded right, he aimed his gun for a couple of seconds and pressed the trigger saying, - Bam.
    The revolver shot straight into the neck of one of the bottles. The old human was standing straight and his right forearm was pointing up, holding the revolver. Its barrel was slightly smoking. He turned his head to Cinder and said:
    - Keep your gun as a part of your hand. If it tries to run away from you, just keep it at bay. When the recoil will push you, just keep the gun straight, until the bullet goes out, or you will miss the shot horrifyingly. Understood?
    - Got it! - The boy nodded.
    - Good. Now, show me how you hold your pistols.
    - Okay… - Cinder took out his revolvers and aimed them at the bottles.
    - Hmm… Your right hand is slightly bent. The recoil will make it bend even more. Try to make your both hands straight, - Ethan paused to see the kid’s hands.
    - Like this? - The boy straightened both his hands.
    - Yes. - The human nodded. - Now slowly press the triggers.
    - But they'ren’t loaded. - Cinder was confused.
    - So you will not hurt anybody, - Ethan giggled.
    The young Novakid pressed both triggers at the same time, and the revolvers made a loud click.
    - Good. Do it exactly like that when you press them again, so your gun won’t twitch in your hand and your aim will be almost perfect. - The runaway miner caressed the boy’s corona. - Now, let’s try it with a loaded gun…
    - What the heck are you doing?! - Oila’s voice interrupted the bearded human.
    - I’m learnin’ to shoot, mom! - said Cinder with a bit of annoyance.
    - What?! - Oila’s brand turned red hot.
    - Calm down, Sunshine… - Crookbrand tried to put his massive hand on woman’s shoulder, but she slapped his hand and yelled.
    - Stop it right now! This is too dangerous! - She clenched her fist and shook it in the air.
    - More dangerous than walking around the bazaar unarmed, Miss Sunshine? - Ethan shrugged, but made a step away from the young Novakid.
    - Uuuugh… - Cinder sadly put his guns in the hostlers.
    - I came to tell you that everybody is ready to go. Grab your weapons and come down to the “Shining Outlaw”, - the angry Novakid lady said and went away.
    - Okay, let’s go then… - The boy went after his mother, followed by Ethan.
    - I’ll catch up with ya in a minute! - Crookbrand entered the wagon, took a pair of giant durasteel gauntlets and put them on his working gloves. Then he went down to the bar, where everyone was waiting to start the assault to the Orefin’s house.
    After a short plan walkthrough, Dane led the crew outside…
    On the street, they met a big family of armed Novakid, raging bar patrons, and a group of headhunters led by Taras. They silently followed The Green Lance’s crew along the street. As they were marching up the street, some of the passersby joined the crowd, making it even bigger. By the time Orefin’s mansion was in sights, there was a whole army of armed people approaching it. But it looked like the trading prince was aware of their arrival. The street in front of the mansion was empty, with some barricades placed on it. Dane hemmed and commanded everyone to stop. Then he went forward and yelled:
    - We came to take back what you have stolen, Orefin! Come out, and maybe we will spare your life! Unless… - He loudly reloaded his shotgun.
    Suddenly, all the windows of the mansion were opened, so the crowd could see there were mercenaries inside of it. All of them were aiming their guns straight at Dane. A loud gunshot interrupted the silence, beginning the gunfight!

Also, check the Art Section! There is an awesome art of gorgeous Nancy Gold, that Kaiachi drew for me!

Tatterdemalion, Zebe and Alkanthe like this.