1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

One big frustration I have with this game

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NPete28, Mar 29, 2019.

1. NPete28

NPete28 Poptop Tamer

As someone who actually enjoys the main storyline, I have replayed (and beat) 9 times. The problem is that the outpost doesn't reset for a new character. It's still a fun story, but it's just not the same when you don't get to see all of the artifacts as they sit in their slots in the Ark. The contents of the crates are character-specific, why isn't the status of the Ark, vendors that unlock later in the game, etc.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I am not sure why (I mean, it is because it is the dev problem, I am not sure what are they thinking), but yeah, you got a good point there.

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

because the ark is the result of a badly written Lore with a cheaply slapped on story. originally we had a lore about the races background with hardly any story gauge. So it was just a character on a random planet in the SAME universe. But now with the Story line they came up with, that would have not worked as exactly what you describe would have to happen.
    That's also, why we have gotten all these nonsense "pocket universe" portal stuff. All they made was taking the technical easy route and slapping some bad explanations over them. SB hat such big ambitions and at some point some rerouted it to what we got now.