RELEASED Old XNB Mod Updates for 1.11 (Requests Welcome)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by joyous.ariella, Dec 5, 2016.

1. joyous.ariella

joyous.ariella Space Penguin Leader

Just fixed it and re-uploaded on Nexus! If you could test it that would be awesome :D

• joyous.ariella

I tried opening the tbins in tIDE and I get an error ;-; I wonder if they're corrupted... maybe I'll try to extract it again.

• Marcelo7

Marcelo7 Big Damn Hero

each file needs other files to be opened, farm.xnb needs for example springobjectoutdoor.xnb and paths.xnb, the error log will be showing what's missing

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
        • joyous.ariella

Hmm I have that stuff in the same folder... weird.
          Anyway I found this mod which you may want to use instead of Farmhouse Extended in the meantime :3 http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/379/?

• Marcelo7

Marcelo7 Big Damn Hero

actually testing the FarmhouseExtended now, if nothing disappears, then it's f ine
            Edit:It's working, but, why some users are with the upgrade bug?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
            • joyous.ariella

I have no idea :/

• Marcelo7

Marcelo7 Big Damn Hero

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

My guess is user error (not installing all files, verifying steam cache data, replacing those files with different ones, etc.) or Stardew Valley updating and them not noticing until they needed to go to those extra areas. I've also checked both versions in-game (bathroom A variants), and there seems to be no issue with upgrading; looked at all the other bathroom versions for both in tIDE and everything looks fine. If it does happen, try re-replacing all the files, and if that doesn't work, follow the instructions on this post.
                Looking at it, the config file for the SMAPI mod would also need to be updated with any updated item ID's. Unsure about the shop mod itself.

joyous.ariella likes this.
                • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

• Milkheart

Milkheart Void-Bound Voyager

Responded on Nexus as well, but I wanted to share a screenshot, just in case it helps! (I really hope I'm not overwhelming you! I really appreciate your perseverance!)
                  Red snow.png

• joyous.ariella

It's still doing that after I re-uploaded?

Just saw your response on the Nexus lol. I'll see if I can fix it.

• joyous.ariella

That's my next project lol. Although if I can't figure out this red snow issue, it will have the same problem as the Animal Crossing Digspot

• FieryChaos

Simple fix would be recoloring the red spots to white or removing them (if you want less snow on screen). You can also use the snow from my cursors file (which contains multiple edits from various texture replacements; I forget where I took the snow one from, might have just been me editing out the red dots.).

Attached Files:

• joyous.ariella

Where is the snow in Cursors.png? I've stared at it for the past half hour and can't find the red dots lol.
                          Also, what version of XNB Node are you using? This is the second time I've had problems with weird pixels on unpacked PNGs ;-;

• FieryChaos

The snow animation tiles are near the top. Pic to help:

EDIT: Also, I use XNBKit for the simple interface.

Attached Files:

joyous.ariella likes this.
                            • joyous.ariella

That's where I thought it was... there's no red dots... Maybe it's the way it's being re-packed? Or perhaps it the .yaml?

@Buttershark I re-packed it using XNBKit and uploaded it to Nexus, if you could kindly test that would be great :)

Milkheart likes this.
                              • Milkheart

Milkheart Void-Bound Voyager

Still red! (I'm dropping the file in loose-sprites, and I've been sure to "replace" the old file every time.)
                                At least with this issue, you can just go into options and turn off the falling snow. It isn't game-ruining! ^_^; You must be so frazzled by this though...

• joyous.ariella

Yeah... at this point I don't think there's anything I can do since it seems to be a problem with the way the file is being packed or read by the game (since I don't see the red dots in the PNG file.)

@Coolwyngs let me know if you're still interested in the bouncy chest/egg digspot replacement re-do, despite the possibility (probability) of having red snow fall ;-;

• FieryChaos

@joyous.ariella Your cursors file upon extracting has the red dots still in it (perhaps nexus not properly updating the file? Try attaching it to your OP here.)

• Marcelo7

Marcelo7 Big Damn Hero