1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Versions to Play

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Grizly11, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Grizly11

Grizly11 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a way now to be able to play the old versions of the game? I wasn't able to make anything work for years of trying and maybe asking here again could make the chances higher.

I was always thinking that doing something like Minecraft to have access to all the older versions but for Starbound would be a good idea so that new or older players could go visit them again or explore it. I've always loved to craft the bosses after a long night of grinding materials to be good enough to kill it and craft the boss. Also the old powers were pretty nice and not having them now or at least a few months back since I've played Starbound is not that enjoyable due to it having if I remember correctly 3 jumps and such for the other 2 powers.

Thank you for reading it and maybe make something realizable in there.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I don't think so they offer that kind of feature.

Just like you said, it is not like Minecraft who allow us to access older version. But I guess it would not be a bad idea if they allow us to do that in Starbound. The only bad thing I could expect is the older version may ruin your save game.

Grizly11 likes this.
  3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

if you have an old copy of the files, you can. At least the old koala Version did have, but it is missing a lot features yet has still the funny old tech and fully randomised monsters and planets. But an abbysimal performance.

4. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It didn't actually "fully randomize monsters and planets"

Its just that the rules for monsters were unrestricted and all monsters used the same body type animation.
    Same for planets, the planet rules were actually just really basic algorithm.