1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Old save intro loop

Discussion in 'Support' started by Popular, Mar 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Popular

Popular Intergalactic Tourist

Can't load my old save, when I click on it goes back to the intro. I tried everything, re-installing and the _old thing.. No mods, tried a new game and works normally, here's my save file:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hey Popular, I took a look; and it appears this is an old save where you used an unofficial translation mod. I saw something similar once before.
      Assuming there's no other errors; it's fixable. But, might take a bit; so I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm looking into it.

Edit:
      Okay, I think I translated all the necessary sections for it to be back to normal.
      Fixed the farm buildings & animals which were causing the intro loop; as well as the crafting & cooking recipes which were missing due to having incorrect names.

I tested on my end, and it loads fine now. But let me know if you come across any other issues.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
      • Popular

Thank you so much! I’m able to play now! The only issue that’s happening it’s that I can’t shop small trees or woods, only normal trees, destroy fences or destroy small rocks with my pickaxe, the other tools are working normally, could this be the same issue or something else?

• MysticTempest

Yes, sorry about that! It appears those needed to be translated as well(I also fixed the stone & twig debris to be safe).

That seems to be why it gives you a new Scythe upon waking up(I figured that was a bit weird). I replaced your pickaxe, axe, and scythe. I did a little testing around your farm, and that issue seems fixed. And, as you mentioned the other stuff like the fishing rod & watering can work fine.

Here's an updated save:

Attached Files:

• RaraAvisLove

RaraAvisLove Space Hobo

I am having this same issue!!!!! I don't believe I have a translation mod active though unless SwiftShader counts.

I have 4 saved games on my account. My most recent one is having this issue.

I've tested my other save files and they load into the game as per normal. It is this one file that does not. I've had help in trying to solve this issue by the following actions;
            Restarted the application.
            Restarted Steam.
            Restarted the computer.
            Deleted current file and renamed the save files with old suffix.
            Transplant method of creating a copy of the file and deleting the character within the application and reinserted the character game files.

It is too late to do a complete system restore on my computer as it's last log dates back to Tuesday morning when the issue occurred.

Here is the file. :S

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Heya, so it appears that your save was pretty corrupted. I had to modify it in a hexeditor to get it to show up as a textfile, Luckily, it was just the 1st few data sections that were corrupted, & your SaveGameInfo is basically a backup of that section.
              So after splicing them together; it seems to work. Loads up fine on my end, but let me know if you have any other issues.

Attached Files:

RaraAvisLove likes this.
              • RaraAvisLove

RaraAvisLove Space Hobo

OH MY GOODNESS!!! IT WOOOORKS! You are amazing! I have no idea how it got so corrupt and I was fearing the worse!! Thank you so much!!! I wish I could mail you cookies! What you've done is miracle for me thank you thank you thank you <3<3<3<3<3<3

MysticTempest likes this.
                • pheonixkane

pheonixkane Void-Bound Voyager

I've been having a similar issue, i try to start a new save and after the intro, it just crashed and i've tried everything but clearing my computer, Is there anything i can do?
                  here is the save file

Attached Files:

• shadowsynthetic

shadowsynthetic Aquatic Astronaut

I’m having the loop to home screen glitch when I try to load my old save and I haven’t used any mods. Also I’m on Xbox one.

• MysticTempest

Helped pheonixkane in their own thread-https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/new-save-cant-get-past-the-intro.142047/.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do for console users. Since I don't have access to those saves, and I'm not even sure they're in the same format as the PC ones.

Best bet would be posting in the old thread to let them know there's still an issue; and see if any other users may have found fixes: https://community.playstarbound.com...ox-one-ps4-known-issues-fixes-patch-1.128148/

• shadowsynthetic

shadowsynthetic Aquatic Astronaut

I fixed it. I was having issues with my external hardrive that was causing it to mess up.

• breebubble

breebubble Space Hobo

Trying to load my old save and the loop to home screen glitch is happening for me too :(

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Hey Breebubble, I took a look at your save. It seems you were missing about 1/3 of your save data on both your main save file, and the backup that the game creates(they appear to be the same file).

Anyway, the only way to "fix" it was by patching it with data from a new save. So, things like the Greenhouse, Mines, your stats & settings under Options were all reset.
                            The Community Center was also affected, but I restored the 3 rooms that you had already fully completed. Any other bundle progress was lost though.

So, this save is very close to your original, but won't be exact. Just wanted to give you a heads up; other then that it's playable.

Attached Files:

• Popular

@MysticTempest I have found another two bugs; one is that there's a few weeds (they're different from the normal ones) and battery packs across my farm that I cant do anything to get rid of them. And when I go to the blacksmith I can only upgrade my axe and my pickaxe, are these fixable?

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

Hrm, okay. The weeds & battery pack; which was a broken weed have been modified so they can be destroyed now. And, I replaced the tools in your inventory. You'll still need another few gold/iron bars to upgrade, but I tested, and they work now.

Attached Files:

• breebubble

breebubble Space Hobo

Thank you so much for fixing it up for me! Appreciate it so much :)